Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Laundry service for camp

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 12:31 pm
I realize this may come across as spoiling and you're welcome to judge- but can someone please recommend a laundry service that would pick up my son's laundry from camp, was it individually, and return it? This is the first year we won't be upstate for the summer and I always picked up my son's laundry to wash. Any recommendations would be extremely appreciated!

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:12 pm
Your laundry service will not be any better than the camp's laundry service Laugh They'll still wash everything together and machine dry everything.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:02 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Your laundry service will not be any better than the camp's laundry service Laugh They'll still wash everything together and machine dry everything.

Thanks, that's why I'm asking for a recommendation!

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:03 pm
Find out what the camps laundry policy is.
They may not be ok with a private service doing your son's laundry.

esther11

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:12 pm
Look into SudShare (it’s an app). They pick up, clean, and deliver laundry. You can specify hang dry or delicate load, etc. You Owned by a frum jew which is always a plus!

But I agree, check the camps policy.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 4:04 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
Find out what the camps laundry policy is.
They may not be ok with a private service doing your son's laundry.

Right, good point, I didn't think of that, it would mean letting someone into camp that's not a parent

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 4:20 pm
Maybe find out if there is a rebbes wife or someone on staff who would do it for pay?

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 4:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, that's why I'm asking for a recommendation!

No laundry service hang dries items. They either wash and dry. Or dry clean. You can sort clothes according to wash vs dry clean and send that way.

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 8:25 pm
Is there a reason you can't send his clothing to the camp laundry? I really never had any issues. For white shirts, I wash them with bleach when the boys get home from camp and they are just fine. T-shirts, sports pants and underclothing are not a problem in regular loads and the dryer.

nelliesmellie

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 8:36 pm
I also pick up my son’s laundry. But if I’m not able to do it for some reason, he sends to camp wash. Is there a reason that he can’t? Sensitivity to detergents or are you worried about the clothing getting ruined?

amother
Heather

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:30 pm
For those that wash their kids clothing picked up from camp how often do you pick it up? I have a child going to camp iy”hh and I would like to do the same.

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:34 pm
amother Heather wrote:
For those that wash their kids clothing picked up from camp how often do you pick it up? I have a child going to camp iy”hh and I would like to do the same.

I buy enough clothing for 14 days- so once per trip

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:34 am
esther11 wrote:
Look into SudShare (it’s an app). They pick up, clean, and deliver laundry. You can specify hang dry or delicate load, etc. You Owned by a frum jew which is always a plus!

But I agree, check the camps policy.

Do I need the app to use sudshare, or do they have a website to check it out?

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:42 am
Many camps actually send the laundry to a service. Why don't u find out how the camp deals with the laundry?

2 of the chassidish boys camps I sent had a laundry service wash once a week. The third one had a staff of ladies specifically for it. All 3 camps had an additional laundry charge but 8t was worth it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children