Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
PSA please leave extra toilet paper or tissues in guests
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

dena613

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 7:35 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
Once again, I am motivated to not have guests.

Why?
I’m hoping this will be eye-opening to all (myself included)!

To sum it all up:
Provide sufficient toilet paper, liquid soap, a garbage can with a bag, and a plunger.
Don’t flush anything other than toilet paper.

None of that was too complicated.

Oddest was when we were hosted at someone’s house for a shabbos simcha and there was no liquid soap in the bathroom. I sent my kids to the main floor to ask hostess if they had liquid soap we could use. They didn’t.

I don’t even know what that meant. Do they really not have dishwashing soap? I would have used that!!

(Or are they super makpid on hilchos shabbos and don’t use liquid or watered down liquid soap…?)

But it made us uncomfortable.

Were we ungrateful? No, we were very grateful to her for putting us up.

Just thought it was strange

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:07 pm
We once stayed in a chessed apt. where there were no towels or soap in the bathroom. It was only overnight after a simcha, so we washed up with water and dried ourselves off on our PJs, but still ...Yet they had a whole refreshment center with coffee, tea and pastries, so it's not like they weren't good hosts. Probably they just did laundry and forgot to return the towels, but the lack of any soap at all was peculiar.

zaq

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:11 pm
I always bring a tiny hotel-size bottle of shampoo or body wash when I go away, even if I don't plan to take a shower there. If I won't need it to get a spot out of my skirt, I might find myself in a bathroom with no soap or an almost- empty dispenser. It's happened.

amother
Snow

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
I can bring extra if it's local. If I'm flying I may not have room to pack it. Also some people only use 1 ply toilet paper we use 2 ply. Is 2 ply is a problem for some plumbing systems?

Yes indeed. I wouldnt use 1 ply if I had the choice to use 2.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 2:15 am
amother Papaya wrote:
When she arrived and we were settling her into her room, we let her know to use the pre-cut toilet paper. She said she chose to use the tissues anyway because she "didn't think it was a big deal." So, sadly, a sign wouldn't have helped in this case because she chose to knowingly disregard our wishes anyway.

Sadly some people need *everything* spelled out for them.
It kind of makes it tempting to send the plumber's bill to that guest, doesn't it?

snooper86

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 2:29 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
That is a GREAT Idea. I just ordered one.

Glad I posted this, sometimes the plunger is in the master bathroom and they’re sleeping etc. so worth having one in every bathroom.

snooper86

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 2:34 am
dena613 wrote:
Why?
I’m hoping this will be eye-opening to all (myself included)!

To sum it all up:
Provide sufficient toilet paper, liquid soap, a garbage can with a bag, and a plunger.
Don’t flush anything other than toilet paper.

None of that was too complicated.

Oddest was when we were hosted at someone’s house for a shabbos simcha and there was no liquid soap in the bathroom. I sent my kids to the main floor to ask hostess if they had liquid soap we could use. They didn’t.

I don’t even know what that meant. Do they really not have dishwashing soap? I would have used that!!

(Or are they super makpid on hilchos shabbos and don’t use liquid or watered down liquid soap…?)

But it made us uncomfortable.

Were we ungrateful? No, we were very grateful to her for putting us up.

Just thought it was strange

Love how you summed it up perfectly!

And yes I can’t understand those that don’t have liquid soap, I feel disgusting if I can’t wash my hands with soap after using the bathroom, or helping my child.
I sometimes end up using body wash if they have in liquid form.

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 5:26 pm
ddmom wrote:
LOL LOL LOL
Only on imamother a PSA about leaving extra toilet paper in bathroom becomes a few pages discussion!

Lol I was cracking up when I saw that you wrote this on the 2nd page and now we're onto page 5 of the discussion about toilet paper LOL

I didn't read all these pages bc I don't have the patience but boy is this comical.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics