Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Where do people find..

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 4:49 pm
Beautiful clothes! I see women walking around in gorgeous clothes that I dont see the stores selling or online. Where do they shop? What is the secret?

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 5:03 pm
I little bit everywhere. Wish I could tell you there's a store I walk into and I walk out with a full wardrobe. No such thing. 1 piece I found at the mall, the other top was from Junees last year, the dress was a lucky Amazon purchase, I found the skirt on an Anthropology rack, the maxi was from Asos that I got lucky with after 9 other returns to their site. The stretch skirt I found near the pantyhose in Double Header. The shoes are from when I was in FL. The bag was at the department store. I didn't put it together in a week. This is an acquired wardrobe.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 5:04 pm
ask thrm!!!! most people are happy to have their opinions asked.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 5:46 pm
I'm not sure I would feel comfortable going up and asking. It seems kind of rude.

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 5:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm not sure I would feel comfortable going up and asking. It seems kind of rude.

Not to mention, they could be wearing hand me downs or have gotten it from a tzedaka giveaway

writinggirl

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 5:58 pm
Where do you live? Could be women are shopping on Yoox.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 6:14 pm
I have a lovely wardrobe, BH. I get a lot of compliments. My wardrobe, like a prev. poster say, took years to accumulate. My size is mainly consistent over the years, once I stopped having kids. The pieces come from all over. I think that's the only "trick." A dress from Dillards, cool blouse from Anthro, a few skirts from Asos, add in some Mango, Zara, Current NYC, etc etc I buy maybe 5 great pieces a year but over the course of a few years, it seems like a lot.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 7:17 am
I have pieces from previous years,but the styles change so fast that I cant go on using them.

mushkamothers

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 7:19 am
amother OP wrote:
I have pieces from previous years,but the styles change so fast that I cant go on using them.

I don't buy what's in style, I buy what looks good on me. If the color and cut are flattering then it lasts forever (assuming I still fit into it). That's really the trick to a great looking wardrobe.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 7:23 am
I wonder the same thing.....

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 7:24 am
I find that even the neutral colors,aside from black, change from year to year. Same with sleeve styles, length,etc.
So they end up looking old fashioned even though they seem like "classic" when I buy them.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 7:29 am
I have a great wardrobe bh. Pieces from tj maxx, zara, yoox, the real real, a skirt here and there from a frum store. I don't wear frum fashion and I don't fill my closet with current trends- I'll have a few more on trend pieces but most if my stuff is good for years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics