Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Won't sleep without being held
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Black

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm not here to debate the pros and cons of sleep training. As I said, I do not plan on letting my baby cry it out, I just want to teach him to self soothe. There are many ways to do that without leaving him on his own to cry. I'm glad your kids could nap and sleep well on their own, but the way my baby sleeps now during the day is not good for him or me so im trying to make healthy changes. No need to try and shame me for looking for advice for how to help him. You parent your way, I’ll parent mine.

Definitely
No shame. Just pointing out that they don’t need to be taught how to sleep it’s not a skill to learn as ppl think it is.

Also if your baby is sleeping nicely over night it seems like he learnt the skill already on his own. And day naps will naturally get better on it’s own 6 months is little. They get longer around now

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 2:16 am
amother Black wrote:
Definitely
No shame. Just pointing out that they don’t need to be taught how to sleep it’s not a skill to learn as ppl think it is.

Also if your baby is sleeping nicely over night it seems like he learnt the skill already on his own. And day naps will naturally get better on it’s own 6 months is little. They get longer around now

I apologize, I must've read too much into your comment. You know how people get on here about the evils of sleep training Laugh
I hope his naps will get longer, but just in the mean time he can't nap when we put him down, but he needs to learn how. I feel bad he's sleeping so little during the day now

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 11:49 am
amother OP wrote:
I apologize, I must've read too much into your comment. You know how people get on here about the evils of sleep training Laugh
I hope his naps will get longer, but just in the mean time he can't nap when we put him down, but he needs to learn how. I feel bad he's sleeping so little during the day now

No worries. It could also be he is low sleep needs. You wanna look at overall sleep he is getting in a 24 hour period. If he doesn’t seem over tired at night from little day sleep maybe he’s fine? They have charts online that say how much sleep in 24 hours a baby needs at different ages/ months so double check.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics