Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Salary for FT bookkeeper/accountant
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:41 pm
How much is the going rate for a ft+ (44 hours per week)man in a company an hour out of Lakewood's. He has a masters in accounting. Starting job. Bookkeeping, some accounts payable, some accounts receivable.

What would you consider a decent salary? A low salary? A high salary?

Trying to figure out if the company's offer is reasonable

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:44 pm
As a female accountant I am taking offense at the “male” in the subject line. A male shouldn’t receive a higher starting salary than a female all else equals. Sorry to derail here but had to get they out of my system Smile

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:47 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
As a female accountant I am taking offense at the “male” in the subject line. A male shouldn’t receive a higher starting salary than a female all else equals. Sorry to derail here but had to get they out of my system Smile

Do you live in Lakewood?

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:54 pm
It’s not different male vs female the only difference is that males in Lakewood want more hours so they end up getting more while
Many women want shorter hours so get paid less but might get paid more per hour than the men

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:01 pm
Ok. Changed the title.
Now can I have some answers for salary.

An hour commute. 8:30-5:30. (Friday until 1:30/2:30).

Individual has been working in offices and with Excel for many years. Now has his masters in accounting. The job is in the inhouse bookkeeping department.

Is 64k a good salary? Generous? Underpaid?
Can someone please give me a ballpark.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:03 pm
I would never do an hour commute for 64k. From what I hear you can get paid that much for a local job without a degree. I think it’s underpaid but Im not in the accounting field so we’ll see what others think on this thread.

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok. Changed the title.

Individual has been working in offices and with Excel for many years. Now has his masters in accounting. The job is in the inhouse bookkeeping department.

Who is he reporting to (title).

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:06 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Do you live in Lakewood?
I do not but my company has offices in Lakewood and it’s really annoying when the male accountants in Lakewood have this attitude that they are better than the the female accountants and expect better pay and preferential treatment in terms of assignments and company perks.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:07 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Who is he reporting to (title).

Explain.

His direct superior is the CFO

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok. Changed the title.

I wouldn’t say it’s low but he can probably get at least 60k working in Lakewood itself and 40 hours. Did he try AGS?

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:08 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
I do not but my company has offices in Lakewood and it’s really annoying when the male accountants in Lakewood have this attitude that they are better than the the female accountants and expect better pay and preferential treatment in terms of assignments and company perks.

Its cultural...

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:09 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
I would never do an hour commute for 64k. From what I hear you can get paid that much for a local job without a degree. I think it’s underpaid but Im not in the accounting field so we’ll see what others think on this thread.

THIS.

Sounds underpaid. How proficient is he in Quickbooks? Where is the job located? Jobs in Lakewood generally pay higher than elsewhere. You wrote starting job but it’s not really a starting job if he’s worked in other offices for many years…

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
Explain.

His direct superior is the CFO

It speaks to what the real expectations are.

Like the salary should be different if there were managers or a controller between him and the CFO.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:13 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
THIS.

Sounds underpaid. How proficient is he in Quickbooks? Where is the job located? Jobs in Lakewood generally pay higher than elsewhere. You wrote starting job but it’s not really a starting job if he’s worked in other offices for many years…

Hes decent in QuickBooks. More fluent in Sage and very proficient in Excel.

You're right. Starting Accounting/bookkeeping job.
The job is located in the general Newark area- an hour from Lakewood.

The opportunity is good, and the environment is good. What would you think a reasonable salary is?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:13 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
It speaks to what the real expectations are.

Like the salary should be different if there were managers or a controller between him and the CFO.

So what would you consider a reasonable salary?

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Its cultural...
I get that but it’s gross. And now I’ll keep my mouth shut Smile

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:17 pm
It comes out to $27/hour. Sounds a little low to me but it depends it it’s really a bookkeeper in which case it’s reasonable or more of an assistant controller/controller position in which case it’s low. Either way a first position can be really valuable to gain experience and then jump to a better paying position.
The travel is irrelevant to the employer so that’s not a factor that should be brought up in negotiations.

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hes decent in QuickBooks. More fluent in Sage and very proficient in Excel.

You're right. Starting Accounting/bookkeeping job.
The job is located in the general Newark area- an hour from Lakewood.

The opportunity is good, and the environment is good. What would you think a reasonable salary is?
the pay isn’t bad but considering that there’s a commute it’s not great if he can get the same pay in a node Frum environment in Lakewood plus benefits. And I’m saying that he can. If you set up an anonymous email address I can message you directly.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:37 pm
Is he a bookkeeper or a CPA, a tax accountant or auditor?

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 2:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
So what would you consider a reasonable salary?

A touch more - sounds like he needs this job to launch into a Controller position.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries