Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Why did you use your doona on yom tov?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:45 pm
It's alright. I see ppl have an issue when someone wants to understand why someone uses a doona over a diff stroller. Wink Innocent question but ppl find it judgmental.
Be well everybody! I don't want to cause anyone hard feelings. Enjoy your Doonas!

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:46 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Why did you use a stroller yum tov?
exactly!
Should I feel attacked or judged now?!

amother
Almond

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:52 pm
This reminds me of those people who instead of saying mazel tov, say "why did she take him?"
same petty, judgy mindset.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:22 pm
Lol I crack up every time the topic of doona comes up. For some reason it’s super triggering… I don’t get it… I have one it’s great and a lifesaver for my back after a bunch of years using a snap and go. But like that’s all. It’s just a stupid car seat/stroller. I can’t understand the intensity it brings out in pple. Like yea ideally babies should be be kept in them for hours. Guess what. We all kept our babies in the Gracos too. Those that were careful then are careful now with Doonas. It’s really no different.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:31 pm
amother Teal wrote:
A doona is a one time payment of $600 for a year convenience. It's $50 a month, for making my life in and out of the car so much easier, running to babysitter, work etc. (And even less if you use it for more than one child) I don't understand how that's cool. I am not into cool and trendy, but I am into a superhero called The Yiddishe Mamme, making life easier for herself and this is one way I personally choose to do so.

Yes it’s so worth it, I used mine for my 1st for 21 months, and then due to Doonas amazing warranty service I got a brand new one for my next kid who used it for another approximately 19 months. I paid $500 for 30 months of use and I packed it away for iyh another child. So $16/month for such convenience of in and out of the car constantly.

And yes I did use it to & from the babysitter too as it takes up very little space.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:33 pm
FYI for those saying about Doonas not being safe etc. The CPST (Child Passenger Safety Technicians) usually say that babies shouldn’t be in any type of infant seat for longer than 2 hours without a break so nothing to do with the Doona.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:36 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
FYI for those saying about Doonas not being safe etc. The CPST (Child Passenger Safety Technicians) usually say that babies shouldn’t be in any type of infant seat for longer than 2 hours without a break so nothing to do with the Doona.

First of all there's other safety concerns unique to the doona over other car seats.

Second of all I see people overusing doonas more so than other car seats. I know many people who don't own another stroller because the doona is narrow and light and it's cheaper to buy it than a car seat and regular stroller.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:44 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
First of all there's other safety concerns unique to the doona over other car seats.

Second of all I see people overusing doonas more so than other car seats. I know many people who don't own another stroller because the doona is narrow and light and it's cheaper to buy it than a car seat and regular stroller.

Not buying another stroller is a whole other issue and is so wrong in my opinion. I bh have a few strollers to choose from but I only had a huge stroller and until I bought another small travel stroller and when my son fit comfortably in the Doona (he was tiny) I used that for the babysitter as it meant a short 3-5 walk there and back and once there he was taken out until he took a 1 hour nap in middle of the day which is fine (and being super gassy, this was his comfortable position)

amother
Beige

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 3:04 pm
We’ll see how many people use the evenflo and then people can stop pulling the convenience card.

internationalma

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 3:17 pm
My babies LOVE it!
Super comfortable, I don’t understand why people say it’s bad for them . They can see around , burp easily ect
Bh all my kids have a good back n loved the car seat position

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 4:06 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Lol I crack up every time the topic of doona comes up. For some reason it’s super triggering… I don’t get it… I have one it’s great and a lifesaver for my back after a bunch of years using a snap and go. But like that’s all. It’s just a stupid car seat/stroller. I can’t understand the intensity it brings out in pple. Like yea ideally babies should be be kept in them for hours. Guess what. We all kept our babies in the Gracos too. Those that were careful then are careful now with Doonas. It’s really no different.
I use my doona way less than I used my graco. I didn't know how bad it was to leave a baby in the carseat back then. People talked about it way less. Now I know better and I do better but back then I napped baby in it for the first few months.

Something about the doona makes people irrationally angry. I think it's the price tag.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:53 pm
Wow!
Firstly do people know that there’s a real person behind the screen? Some posters have been quite on the nasty side.

Secondly I’ll admit that my question isn’t the nicest but I’ll explain. Whenever there’s a doona thread everyone always say they have it for the convenience in and out of the car it makes life so much easier and they don’t use it as their stroller. Ok I understand that.
But then in shul I saw doonas. The shul was wheelchair accessible and had plenty of space for a stroller. So I wanted to know why people would be using it instead of a regular stroller.

Thank you to the people who responded to the question. I understand some of the reasonings.

I didn’t ask the people in shul because I was davening and watching my kids so I didn’t have time to talk.

amother
Heather

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:31 pm
I use it when I know I'm going to a crowded hall, shul vs a bulky bassinet and be in everyones way and not be able to manuever.

I use it when driving to my in laws for Yom tov. I don't have place in the trunk for a double stroller. I only have a one traveling stroller. I have a toddler and a newborn and would need 2 carriages.

I use it when I go out to eat meals by family, friends and I wanna know I have a place for my newborn to be. Most ppl ( Including my own mom) Don't have enough extra cribs, swings or stuff for my baby and I don't want to be busy holding baby entire meal.

So when you see me walking with my doona next time stop the judgement. There is always another side to a story.

amother
Iris

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:58 pm
sorry to bring back this thread, but can someone explain to me what people are talking about? I didn't know it was a thing not to use a doona or that there was a stigma... what is it that people are judgmental about? obviously it's wrong to judge but im wondering what they are even judging. I use it all the time and never for a second thought that it would cause judgment... oops Can't Believe It

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:08 pm
amother Beige wrote:
We’ll see how many people use the evenflo and then people can stop pulling the convenience card.

The evenflow is less convenient than the doona. It’s a few pounds heavier.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:35 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
The evenflow is less convenient than the doona. It’s a few pounds heavier.

And it’s the same price
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics