Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos Hotel in Israel
Previous  1  2

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 3:15 am
Car rental often includes shabbos, as in you don’t pay for shabbos. Be sure to ask.

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 5:35 am
Theres a new hotel- yirmiyahu 33 which is supposed to be nice and a very shabbosdik atmosphere.
I'm pretty sure the train goes to kibutz lavi

LovesHashem

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 6:11 am
Iymnok wrote:
Car rental often includes shabbos, as in you don’t pay for shabbos. Be sure to ask.

Yeah. They don't charge you for shabbos here I mean maybe if you rent from a place in Tel Aviv they do. I've only rented from places in the Jerusalem area.

STovah

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 7:42 am
If the reason the Waldorf was nixed was the cost, then you should nix Lavi too. It’s a beautiful place to spend shabbos but will run you a similar or higher bill. Personally I like the Prima Kings for shabbos. It’s midrange as far as price and very well located.

Where will you be the rest of your trip?

DrMom

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 4:14 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:

I'm pretty sure the train goes to kibutz lavi

Hmmmm... I guess you could take the train to Kfar Ata or Afula or Karmiel or Kfar Yehoshua. They're all about a 30-40 min drive from Kibbutz Lavi (I guess there's a bus, or a taxi).

Anyhow, Kibbutz Lavi is expensive and unless you are planning on spending a bit more time up North (which is always nice), it's not worth the schlep, esp if you are relying on public transportation.

If you just want a more pastoral Shabbat, you could stick closer to Yerushalayim in Ramat Rachel, Neve Ilan, or Kfar Etzion, assuming the hecshers work for you.

Unless this is part of a longer trip, I think it's easier to stay put in Yerushalayim.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 5:20 pm
The Waldorf is like $500 a night plus food. Lavi was $550 for two night including food!

STovah wrote:
If the reason the Waldorf was nixed was the cost, then you should nix Lavi too. It’s a beautiful place to spend shabbos but will run you a similar or higher bill. Personally I like the Prima Kings for shabbos. It’s midrange as far as price and very well located.

Where will you be the rest of your trip?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 5:20 pm
Oo that’s so cool!

LovesHashem wrote:
Yeah. They don't charge you for shabbos here I mean maybe if you rent from a place in Tel Aviv they do. I've only rented from places in the Jerusalem area.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics