Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is strep linked to misbehavior
Previous  1  2

pause

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 9:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm so worried about my child.
He's usually acting ok, cute smart cheerful, but when he gets upset, he goes absolutely nuts. Maybe once a day or every other day. Biting me, pulling at my clothes and snood. Totally out of control tantrum like he's never had. This is about 5 days in on ABX and I'm trying to give him probiotics too.

Are you giving the antibiotics together with probiotics? Because then they cancel each other out. Probiotics is best given after the full dosage of antibiotics is complete.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 9:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm so worried about my child.
He's usually acting ok, cute smart cheerful, but when he gets upset, he goes absolutely nuts. Maybe once a day or every other day. Biting me, pulling at my clothes and snood. Totally out of control tantrum like he's never had. This is about 5 days in on ABX and I'm trying to give him probiotics too.
Dye free motrin and Benadryl to take down the brain inflammation.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 10:38 pm
Bumping up this thread experiencing the same thing now. DD nearly finished her antibiotics was prescribed Amoxicillin. She is acting completely unregulated, hitting, tantrums, sensory behaviors.

What would be the next step?

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 10:45 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Bumping up this thread experiencing the same thing now. DD nearly finished her antibiotics was prescribed Amoxicillin. She is acting completely unregulated, hitting, tantrums, sensory behaviors.

What would be the next step?

Idk what's going on with your dd but I'm allergic to penicillin and used to have extremely behavioural reactions as a kid.

My opinion: unless you see obvious symptoms of strep still ongoing, or an obvious allergy, finish the meds at this point and just wait a few days after she's no longer on meds. See if she changes. (Start fresh attitude-wise, because you don't want some of the behavior to continue due to people's reactions from her bad behaviour.)

Eta: and give dd probiotics like Greek yogurt, kombucha, to restore gut flora.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics