Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Which school would be a good fit for dd?
Previous  1  2

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:02 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
I personally know a few families that pulled their kids out, not because of the crowed but bec they were not happy with the school itself. Seems to be more flying, not on top of things, not such great teachers etc . That doesn’t make ppl snobs for not wanting to send there

This. My girls are there and we are having many issues. I'm not a snob, far from it. Just today DD came home saying that fifth graders were saying the F word freely and the F word was written out in the bathroom!!

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:06 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
This. My girls are there and we are having many issues. I'm not a snob, far from it. Just today DD came home saying that fifth graders were saying the F word freely and the F word was written out in the bathroom!!

You make a good point, This is a good reason to pull out. The reason I said what I did is because nobody really gives a good reason why they hate that school.

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:32 pm
amother Valerian wrote:

I sent my daughter there for many years. We pulled out. BH we were able to find somewhere else to go.
We never told anyone in the school why. We do not badmouth the school.
We have labeled a snob, superior, holier than thou, etc.

The reality is that my daughter suffered terribly from bullying. The school was uninterested in doing anything about it, going as far as to publicly blame my daughter for being bullied in front of the entire class- an invitation to continue bullying. And she was criticized for bad middos for refusing to work on class projects with her bullies.
We found there was no one to talk to.
And when we expressed our desire to leave, we discovered that staff had preempted us by communicating with other school, telling them that our daughter was terribly troubled, had terrible social skills, was not emotionally healthy and we, the parents were horrible parents who enabled her poor behavior (all to discourage another school from accepting her).
BH BH we were accepted elsewhere and my daughter flourished.

We don't talk badly about the school or staff ever.
But labeling us and parents like us as snobs for pulling out is unfair.

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:37 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
I sent my daughter there for many years. We pulled out. BH we were able to find somewhere else to go.
We never told anyone in the school why. We do not badmouth the school.
We have labeled a snob, superior, holier than thou, etc.

The reality is that my daughter suffered terribly from bullying. The school was uninterested in doing anything about it, going as far as to publicly blame my daughter for being bullied in front of the entire class- an invitation to continue bullying. And she was criticized for bad middos for refusing to work on class projects with her bullies.
We found there was no one to talk to.
And when we expressed our desire to leave, we discovered that staff had preempted us by communicating with other school, telling them that our daughter was terribly troubled, had terrible social skills, was not emotionally healthy and we, the parents were horrible parents who enabled her poor behavior (all to discourage another school from accepting her).
BH BH we were accepted elsewhere and my daughter flourished.

We don't talk badly about the school or staff ever.
But labeling us and parents like us as snobs for pulling out is unfair.

Yes. Similar experiences here. Unfortunately we can't get accepted elsewhere as of yet.

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:38 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
Yes. Similar experiences here. Unfortunately we can't get accepted elsewhere as of yet.

Im sorry.
I know how hard it is.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:46 pm
Interesting.
My daughter was there for a few years and we had no issues there bh.

Daughter got into h.s. right away bh, to our first choice, into a school that has a name that they're hard to get into. The principal really tries and was always so accommodating..

I do have a baby girl and I dont know if I would try other schools first, and not send to bnos penina..

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 11:50 am
This sounds terrible! I really hope my daughter will be ok, she seems to love it....

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 12:02 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
This sounds terrible! I really hope my daughter will be ok, she seems to love it....

I'm sorry. I'm sure your daughter is doing ok. Many girls are fine, and it's very likely that yours will be also.

I just get annoyed at the narrative that anyone who is commenting to ask questions and go in cautiously just hates the school, is a snob, and thinks they're superior than anyone else.
I was burned badly and I can't recommend the school unless I hear of actions taken to prevent.
That doesn't make me a snob or a baalas gaiva.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 12:09 pm
I keep hearing the younger grades are much better, anyone know if there is any truth in that?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 1:53 pm
I just want to say that my daughter is there and we are very happy bh! I haven’t had any issues with the school being badly run and my daughters teachers are fantastic. My daughter has a beautiful class and has great friends from good families.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 3:22 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I just want to say that my daughter is there and we are very happy bh! I haven’t had any issues with the school being badly run and my daughters teachers are fantastic. My daughter has a beautiful class and has great friends from good families.

Can I ask what grade she is in?

amother
Opal

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 12:34 am
Bnos bracha is low academic and isn't a pressuring school . They also have resource classes and tutoring. I think its the best option.

alakewoodmother

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:32 pm
OP, I am a language therapist. You must, must get your child evaluated (and likely treated) for a language delay. Kids do not "outgrow" language processing problems and as school gets more difficult, the gap will only widen. If you nip this in the bud, you may have the option of going to any school of your choice and won't be limited to the ones that will "work with her" (ever though those may be great options anyways).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries