Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher.com kitchen ambush/ clutter episode
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:12 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
One thing Chayitty said that I disagree with: That no matter how small your kitchen you can fit everything in if you organize properly with a designated place for everything. What she meant was that her kitchen could fit everything she had--but her kitchen is a pretty generous one. (She thinks it's small because she often has five kids and herself running around in it. It's a kitchen, not a skating rink.) If her kitchen had been half the size, she could also have fit everything in there--but only if she had first gotten rid of half her stuff. Basic law of physics, two bodies cannot occupy the same space at the same time. If you have X volume of space and 2X volume of possessions, no matter what you do, you will not fit that 2X volume of possessions in that X volume of space.

I'm rather surprised that Tzipora didn't emphasize purging. She mentioned dumping old mismatched Tupperware and stale crackers, but that was all. Purging is the first step in organizing, and I find it hard to believe that Tziporah didn't find more things to purge than this. Doesn't everyone have small appliances and other gadgets that they use either never or so seldom that they're not worth the space they take up?

No, not everyone has small appliances or gadgets they don't use.
I don't have a Kitchenaid since there no place to store it (but I do have a food processor)
I love everything that has to do with kitchen but I always have to think 'where do I store it?

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:13 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Pillbox LOL

I exaggerated. It's really a shoebox. Infant size 1.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:26 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
No, not everyone has small appliances or gadgets they don't use.
I don't have a Kitchenaid since there no place to store it (but I do have a food processor)
I love everything that has to do with kitchen but I always have to think 'where do I store it?

Then you're one in a million. Most people have at least some. Maybe they don't never use them; maybe they use them once a year. That's fine if there's space to spare. If they're trying to maximize a small kitchen, once a year is too seldom to justify the space an appliance occupies, unless it's in a spot so remote and inconvenient that they'd never store anything there that they use more often. Which may also explain why they use that item only once a year.

zaq

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:29 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
I also felt that they focused so much on her food and not on her dishes, pots and kitchen gadgets.

This. From what they showed, it seemed as if she barely had any "real" dishes and used mainly disposables. This may be true but I'm skeptical.

zaq

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:39 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
I felt like I didn't get to see how everything was truly organized on a macro level. I would have loved to see entire milk/meat/parve zones. They focused alot on the pantry/food which is aesthetic and fun and pretty, but I would have loved some more practical ideas.

I agree. They panned over everything very quickly so it was hard to get a handle on anything. For example, I saw only one sink. Does Chayitty really have only one sink? (I expect not, given that she has a milchik side and a fleishik side.) They could have spent less time showing Tzipora moving things around on fast-forward and more time on a panoramic view of the kitchen and cabinet contents.

But it was definitely a fun show, and I liked that it was comprised of short segments rather than one longer production.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:41 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
Then you're one in a million. Most people have at least some. Maybe they don't never use them; maybe they use them once a year. That's fine if there's space to spare. If they're trying to maximize a small kitchen, once a year is too seldom to justify the space an appliance occupies, unless it's in a spot so remote and inconvenient that they'd never store anything there that they use more often. Which may also explain why they use that item only once a year.

Actually I do have an ice cream maker that is didn't use for a loooong time but stashed away from kitchen.
There are truly useful appliances and then there are those who you definitely can live without. Think electrical egg boilers.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 2:54 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Actually I do have an ice cream maker that is didn't use for a loooong time .

I rest my case. Very Happy

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 3:21 pm
I want to know how Kosher.com pays for it? Is it sponsored? Did Chaya Yitty need to pay for the products? Organizer?
Also, how do I nominate somone?

NechaMom

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 3:33 pm
I enjoyed it but I don’t understand why CY was hyperventilating about the time. No need to add pressure. She could’ve taken her kids out for pizza and give her an 8:00 deadline. It was entertaining though. And yes that’s a beautiful size kitchen!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 3:42 pm
zaq wrote:
I agree. They panned over everything very quickly so it was hard to get a handle on anything. For example, I saw only one sink. Does Chayitty really have only one sink? (I expect not, given that she has a milchik side and a fleishik side.) They could have spent less time showing Tzipora moving things around on fast-forward and more time on a panoramic view of the kitchen and cabinet contents.

But it was definitely a fun show, and I liked that it was comprised of short segments rather than one longer production.

There's another sink you can see it in the beginning of the first episode. Ya agree, wish they would have put in more about where everything went! Tachlis!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 4:11 pm
zaq wrote:
This. From what they showed, it seemed as if she barely had any "real" dishes and used mainly disposables. This may be true but I'm skeptical.

Could be the Shabbos china is in the living room closet.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 4:20 pm
Nice show Smile
I really liked that all of the cabinets reached the ceiling. In Israel you see so many kitchens which don't have cabinets up to the ceiling=an eternal dust and dirt collector.
A very very nice kitchen I would say.

littletoes

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 4:21 pm
NechaMom wrote:
I enjoyed it but I don’t understand why CY was hyperventilating about the time. No need to add pressure. She could’ve taken her kids out for pizza and give her an 8:00 deadline. It was entertaining though. And yes that’s a beautiful size kitchen!

They Probably did it just to add some suspense…

momallhours

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 9:29 pm
Why was the organizer so snobby?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:05 pm
momallhours wrote:
Why was the organizer so snobby?

what made you say that ? she was professional doing her job

zaq

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:33 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
what made you say that ? she was professional doing her job

I can totally understand why she sent the client out of the house. CY was just getting in her way and on her nerves. There's a reason why they put a drape in front of your face when you have surgery, kwim?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen