Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen DS uses my computer

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 4:54 am
I'm usually around, but when I step away I'd feel better knowing that there's at least some type of filter. Is there something free and easy to use that won't interfere with my access?

the world's best mom

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:54 am
The only free one I know of is Qustodio. It works well for some people, but a lot of reviews said that it blocked everything, even their email. And when I tried it, that's what happened to me. I had to get rid of it so I could do anything at all on my computer.

Now I pay for Techloq and I'm happy.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 1:07 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
The only free one I know of is Qustodio. It works well for some people, but a lot of reviews said that it blocked everything, even their email. And when I tried it, that's what happened to me. I had to get rid of it so I could do anything at all on my computer.

Thank you.
I haven't been happy with Qustodio.
If anyone else has ideas, please share

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 1:13 pm
the world's best mom wrote:

I installed it on my kids phones. They got around it easily.

Currently I have Microsoft Family Link for my computer. I assist a login for every kid and allow/block as needed.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 1:16 pm
Try Norton Family
Really good

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:01 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
Try Norton Family
Really good

No it is not. It filters some browsers but can't filter others. Even if the normal browser you use (Chrome, for example) is blocked, your son can very easily get onto absolutely anything he wants by opening up a browser in internet explorer. It's one of the most ridiculous filters we've had, and we've tried a few.

I currently have Techloq. IT works well but can be annoying sometimes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children