Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Need support please

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:37 am
I'm sitting here crying.
My son has ADHD. Major behvaioral problems in school, chutzpa, calling out, explosive behavior, at home its much better. we've tried a few different meds - doctor is impossibale to reach, nothing works - im so worried about him and got a few new names to call - but every says impossible to get an appointment.
it just all feels so hopeless.
he's such a good kid and I dont understand why he is so so difficult in school.
I need to be strong to deal, but I feel like I need support and encouragement.
Has anyone successfully navigated a complicated case in Israel, and how?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:45 am
Our schools don’t cater to ADHD kids. It’s unfortunate because so many children are like that.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:48 am
Yes.
Call Dr Gadi Dauer
a0504114605gmail.com
050-4114-605

Tell him you need help urgently.

And do some research with other parents about what is really going on at school. If he is way better behaved at home, for some reason he isn't happy at school and you need to know why. Check if the teacher is bullying him, if friends are bullying him, if the classroom is too crowded etc.

balance

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:49 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm sitting here crying.
My son has ADHD. Major behvaioral problems in school, chutzpa, calling out, explosive behavior, at home its much better. we've tried a few different meds - doctor is impossibale to reach, nothing works - im so worried about him and got a few new names to call - but every says impossible to get an appointment.
it just all feels so hopeless.
he's such a good kid and I dont understand why he is so so difficult in school.
I need to be strong to deal, but I feel like I need support and encouragement.
Has anyone successfully navigated a complicated case in Israel, and how?

I've dealt with this. I'm posting under my username in case you want to message me but I don't feel comfortable posting details in public.

amother
Banana

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:54 am
If you post where you live people can try to help more.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:00 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
Yes.
Call Dr Gadi Dauer
a0504114605gmail.com
050-4114-605

Tell him you need help urgently.

And do some research with other parents about what is really going on at school. If he is way better behaved at home, for some reason he isn't happy at school and you need to know why. Check if the teacher is bullying him, if friends are bullying him, if the classroom is too crowded etc.

Where is he located?
What kind of doctor is he?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:00 am
amother Banana wrote:
If you post where you live people can try to help more.
Jerusalem

amother
Banana

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:18 am
amother IndianRed wrote:

I was going to say this. I'm friends with a nurtured heart parenting coach who has lots of experience with neurodiverse kids and situations like this.

I sent her a screenshot of your post and she said something along these lines as well. That if there's problems at school and none at home there's more to the story. Is there learning difficulties? Whats the environment like? Sensory issues? You need someone who can take a look at the bigger picture.

Was there a real proffesional evaluation done or was this diagnosis just slapped on because sometimes when kids are being difficult they just label them adhd and are given pills without looking into it too much if this is really what the issue is.

She has experience navigating the system here and she's happy to help.

Jenny Krainess
Jennyknha@gmail.com

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:22 am
As a teacher, I recommend a full learning evaluation by an expert. There's probably some underlying additional learning disability (beside the ADHD) that he's been smart enough to mask until now but it's catching up to him and he can't cope

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:25 am
he had a proper evaluation.
he has some working memory issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics