Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Products to rid of mice and rats

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:43 pm
Based on your experience, please recommend products to rid of mice and rats. Please and thank you. Preferably from Amazon. I see many things being sold but I don’t really know what works.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 7:38 pm
a cat works!

amother
Maize

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 7:41 pm
Glue traps- the larger size for rats

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 8:00 pm
amother Maize wrote:
Glue traps- the larger size for rats

Eww. And rats usually manage to outsmart these. I agree, get an outdoor cat.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 8:05 pm
First find where they’re coming in from and close up the holes with steel wool and cement

mfb

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 8:34 pm
amother Maize wrote:
First find where they’re coming in from and close up the holes with steel wool and cement

The cement has to be very thick. I think more than an inch otherwise they bite through (the rats)

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:21 pm
Snap traps with some peanut butter, glue traps and close off the holes in the walls.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:44 pm
You need an exterminator. I tried on my own and it will not work. Mice multiply quickly as they have 6 babies every few weeks so if you wait you will have hundreds. You need to get on top of this asap. For every mouse/rat you catch, there are many more that outsmart the traps. This is not a time to try to do it yourself.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:48 pm
Any other suggestions.

I do not have money for an exterminator.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:50 pm
Steel wool in ALL cracks and slits and holes. Evern tiny ones!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:51 pm
Peppermint oil I heard . Glue traps work great . Exterminator is $200, traps will cost u tht much if u don’t take care of it correctly and need to keep buying .

notshanarishona

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Any other suggestions.

Poison

amother
Steel

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:54 pm
Hi if you have rats please hire an exterminator. Unfortunately just had this issue. Rats are very strong and can peel themselves off the glue traps unless they really get really stuck on it. They eat through spackle. They chew through wood. They chew up wires (almost caused a fire in my air conditioner because I didn't notice the nawed wire. Hired a really good exterminator. Done and gone. Thank G-d.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:55 pm
And rats yank steel wool out very very easily.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 12:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Any other suggestions.

I had no money either. I tried myself and every morning would see more dead mice on traps. It gets out of control quickly. If you see that you are still seeing droppings after a couple weeks of catching some dead ones, you really will have to find a way to pay an exterminator since they have strong poison.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 12:54 pm
Really good advice. Thank you all

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:24 am
I’m dealing with mice now. Was told to put traps and cat food. Hopefully that will get rid of them.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:33 am
amother Maize wrote:

Yes this. I found this is the only way. If not they have an entrance into your house and although you keep killing them more can come in.
Your exterminator can put out poison but then you run the risk of your children ingesting it, some parts of the poison go into the air, and it’s gross to have mice visiting and feasting on your poison (along with anything else they can find).

I also found after you seal these actually catch the mice that are stuck in your house because they don’t have a way out.

OWLTRA Indoor Electric Mouse Trap, Instant Kill Rodent Zapper with Pet Safe Trigger, Black, Small https://a.co/d/ddoQZwN

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:37 am
Hang up a picture of R' Shayale
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics