Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Another salary thread (TIA)non profit CFO/manager position

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:03 pm
Office management position - oversee other staff, other exec. assistants and bookkeeping.

Midwest - out of town, non-profit.

9-3 with responsibilities to take care of things after hours, at home depending on urgency/deadlines etc...Spend a lot of evening hours during different seasons throughout the year depending on specific needs/campaigns etc...

Report to the board and the executive director...guess the title would be CFO except also have standard management responsibilities not just financial.

What would be the appropriate salary range? Is 100K realistic? And how different would the range be for tristate area?

I know there are other related threads, just I am seeing the feedback changes with the details so thanks for any info here.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Office management position - oversee other staff, other exec. assistants and bookkeeping.

Midwest - out of town, non-profit.

9-3 with responsibilities to take care of things after hours, at home depending on urgency/deadlines etc...Spend a lot of evening hours during different seasons throughout the year depending on specific needs/campaigns etc...

Report to the board and the executive director...guess the title would be CFO except also have standard management responsibilities not just financial.

What would be the appropriate salary range? Is 100K realistic? And how different would the range be for tristate area?

I know there are other related threads, just I am seeing the feedback changes with the details so thanks for any info here.

Did you look at their most recent 990?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:13 pm
I think these things change based on location. That being said, I'm assuming it would be at least 200 if not 250.
Signed - someone working in similar business roles with an MBA but not CFO

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:22 pm
why don't you look on indeed? type in CFO in your state and see what comes up?

mha3484

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:55 pm
You can ask for 100k but I don't think you will get more then that in the Midwest at a non for profit. 200k isn't realistic.

Whether you can get 100k is based on the size of the org, how many years experience, the budget of the org. You can look for 990s for a lot of that info.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 3:23 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
I think these things change based on location. That being said, I'm assuming it would be at least 200 if not 250.
Signed - someone working in similar business roles with an MBA but not CFO

You are either smoking something or in Lakewood.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 3:35 pm
Thanks to those who took time to respond. I feel like for a non Jewish, or least not religious Jewish non profits like Federations, this role would easily pull in 200+, just our organizations roll with different budgets and different hassagos especially for women in these roles.

Have a masters, not in business though, and about 20 yrs working experience, about 10 years in this particular organization.

mha3484

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 3:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks to those who took time to respond. I feel like for a non Jewish, or least not religious Jewish non profits like Federations, this role would easily pull in 200+, just our organizations roll with different budgets and different hassagos especially for women in these roles.

Have a masters, not in business though, and about 20 yrs working experience, about 10 years in this particular organization.

Federations have a way bigger budget. They can pay much higher salaries. My local JUF has a budget of over 100 million dollars. The Chicago Cchesed Fund has a budget of like 7 million. You cant compare the two. If you compare 990s its all there to read.

amother
Opal

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 4:06 pm
mha3484 wrote:
You can ask for 100k but I don't think you will get more then that in the Midwest at a non for profit. 200k isn't realistic.

Whether you can get 100k is based on the size of the org, how many years experience, the budget of the org. You can look for 990s for a lot of that info.

S/o maybe but how do I see salaries on the 990. I tried to look up my kids school. And it doesn’t state what the salaries are for - just “salaries”. Only one person with a name is listed as a being paid.

mha3484

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 4:12 pm
The 990 has a compensation section if its not there sorry I dont know

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 4:51 pm
amother Opal wrote:
S/o maybe but how do I see salaries on the 990. I tried to look up my kids school. And it doesn’t state what the salaries are for - just “salaries”. Only one person with a name is listed as a being paid.

Part VII. Not everything needs to be disclosed.

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:16 pm
I work as a controller for a jewish (non-religious) non profit. We have 5 mill in annual revenues and 18 employees. We don't have a CFO, so I'm the highest level finance person, I supervise two employees (staff and senior accountant). I work full time 9-5 but it's flexible hybrid/remote. I have a CPA and 15 years accounting experience. I make 145k.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics