Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Getaway trip with little kids
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:09 pm
From nyc anywhere 2-3 hours with a flight or could be 2-3 hours driving distance with kids ages 2-8? Any nice fun places to visit for a 4 day trip? Things to do there is a bonus ( not philly or New Jersey)

amother
Almond

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:10 pm
Lancaster

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:14 pm
How old are the kids?

What attractions do you like?

Do you need kosher food or shuls?

scruffy

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:17 pm
Norwalk CT

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:26 pm
Lancaster is absolutely perfect for your children's ages and there is tons to do there!! You won't even be able to get to everything in 4 days lol. This is going to be our third summer going there IYH and there are still places we haven't been to yet!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 9:53 am
Already done Lancaster the last few summers. Wanted a different location or maybe good attractions ages 2-8

giftedmom

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 9:59 am
Bermuda is great if you’re ready to take food

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:01 am
giftedmom wrote:
Bermuda is great if you’re ready to take food

What’s there to do there other than beach?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:03 am
Beach vacation- Long Branch, Cape May, Ocean City Maryland, Virginia Beach.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:15 am
I want to try upstate new york this summer. yes everyone and there neighbor is there but there are many fun things to do with toddlers and food is not a problem. I would still do a regular hotel like hilton to keep it that vacation style.
theres lego land, Goldschein's Homestead (my kids adore that place) Family fun farm, holiday mountain and endless ice cream shops, pizza shops etc.
I dont think these places would be very busy with the frum crowd in middle of a random week in the summer as most people in the "country" dont travel around in middle of the week.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:19 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
I want to try upstate new york this summer. yes everyone and there neighbor is there but there are many fun things to do with toddlers and food is not a problem. I would still do a regular hotel like hilton to keep it that vacation style.
theres lego land, Goldschein's Homestead (my kids adore that place) Family fun farm, holiday mountain and endless ice cream shops, pizza shops etc.
I dont think these places would be very busy with the frum crowd in middle of a random week in the summer as most people in the "country" dont travel around in middle of the week.

Where do you stay, that sounds fun.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:19 am
amother Goldenrod wrote:
What’s there to do there other than beach?

Not sure exactly but do your research. It’s a beautiful place.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:20 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:

Just call in advance to ask if they’re having a camp/daycamp that day

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Already done Lancaster the last few summers. Wanted a different location or maybe good attractions ages 2-8

Washington DC
Richmond, VA
Philadelphia
Scranton
Connecticut

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:43 am
amother OP wrote:

Ok so then Connecticut is also a good option-thrre is maritime or mystic aquarium, children's musuem, u pick farms (we did Lyman orchards one year and it was beautiful!)

Also I agree with the poster that going upstate is a nice idea to do! We've been to Kelders Farms and Minnewaska State Park-they have some trails that are carriage friendly and very easy for little ones, and you see beautiful falls!

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:44 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Washington DC
Richmond, VA
Philadelphia
Scranton
Connecticut

Scranton is nice and can be combined with the poconos. There is claws n paws zoo and lots of hiking trails by the Delaware river gap.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:45 am
giftedmom wrote:
Not sure exactly but do your research. It’s a beautiful place.

Nah I’m just curious. I’m not a beach fan so Bermuda has no pull on me. When you said it was great I was curious what made it great (other than it being so close)

giftedmom

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:48 am
amother Goldenrod wrote:
Nah I’m just curious. I’m not a beach fan so Bermuda has no pull on me. When you said it was great I was curious what made it great (other than it being so close)

It’s the closest destination to NY with a carribean island feel. Closer than Florida. But I’ve never taken kids there (still want to) so I didn’t research the options. I’m sure there are child-friendly attractions though.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:01 am
amother Trillium wrote:
Lancaster is absolutely perfect for your children's ages and there is tons to do there!! You won't even be able to get to everything in 4 days lol. This is going to be our third summer going there IYH and there are still places we haven't been to yet!

can you tell us where you stay when going to Lancaster? Hotel? Where do you
look to find information? did you have to bring along food?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:10 am
amother Trillium wrote:
Ok so then Connecticut is also a good option-thrre is maritime or mystic aquarium, children's musuem, u pick farms (we did Lyman orchards one year and it was beautiful!)

Also I agree with the poster that going upstate is a nice idea to do! We've been to Kelders Farms and Minnewaska State Park-they have some trails that are carriage friendly and very easy for little ones, and you see beautiful falls!

Any recommendations where to stay upstate?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics