Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Flight to Israel from NY w 3 and 5 year old. All tips welcom

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:30 pm
Hi ladies
Iyh we will be flying to Israel for a simcha. I am super nervous- my kids never flew and now they'll be on a 12 hour flight. Absolutely all advice is appreciated in terms of how to make this a better experience.
Thank you so much

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:40 pm
Take a night flight. Pack their blanket, paci, anything they sleep with, in the hand luggage. Full extra set of clothes for everyone. Lot's of snacks and some sandwiches, fruit.....
Get many little toys or craft type of things. Removable stickers that stick on the windows, little containers of playdough can also keep them busy a while.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:46 pm
Starting to wish they still had pacis lol
Sticker idea is genius!!! Ty. Keep it coming

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:51 pm
Most airlines will have games and toys for kids. And ElAl has an open kitchen with badatz eidah chareidis snacks and water.
Will you be going to the lounge? Are you flying economy or business? Maybe get the footrest to make the seat in economy into a bed, the kids are more comfortable. ElAl also has mehadrin videos, like Chofetz Chaim heritage. Even just watching the plane and zemanim is fun. Buy lots of tchotchkes and keep them as surprises. If you’re kids get nauseous give them Dramamine.

momo6

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:53 pm
When I used to fly with little kids I would bring uninflated balloons. After going through security- I would blow some up, find and empty gate and let them run around and play with them. Great for getting their energy out! When it was time to board I would pop them (really just bite a tiny hole by the knot- didn’t want to make a loud pop and freak ppl out) and then board.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:56 pm
Those are not hard ages to fly. They’ll be busy with screens and snacks and the time will fly. Enjoy!

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:58 pm
I flew with those ages recently. We took a car seat for 3 year old and she slept in it beautifully. It's not a must though. Between the excitement, coloring, watching videos and sleeping, the flight went by quickly
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics