Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Chumash seuda gift

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 2:28 pm
Im looking for ideas that I can give my son iyh. I dont want to give a toy because he will play with it for 2 minutes

mom!

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 2:31 pm
I told my son we will go out for supper and he can pick the place

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 2:33 pm
We are going out for pizza and ice cream after with my mother. He is so excited to get his chumash I don't think he needs a toy too.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 2:33 pm
Is this a thing? Gifts for getting a Chumash from the parents?

A balloon comes to mind.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 3:17 pm
mha3484 wrote:
We are going out for pizza and ice cream after with my mother. He is so excited to get his chumash I don't think he needs a toy too.

By us the boys dont get a chumash. They get something else.

And we dont really eat out with kids so thats not option for us

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 3:18 pm
I don't think a gift is necessary...

I would make a sign and have dessert for everyone after supper

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 3:21 pm
When my oldest got his gemara the menahel sent a note suggesting we make a nice dinner or serve a dessert if you would not usually have on a weekday to mark the occasion. I think you could do something nice like that.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 3:24 pm
I remember growing up we used to celebrate those milestones with nice dinner, and music and dancing afterward. With the "chassan" being lifted up high. I'm pretty sure my brothers remember that better than any gift.

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 3:31 pm
My son is begging for a shtender like the rabbi in shul, so I will probably get him that. Maybe personalized

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 3:59 pm
Ok thanks all. I did get my other sons something. Nothing major ( I dont remember what )

For all those saying why is a gift necessary I think its similar idea to a pre1a graduation. Most parents get the girls a gift why is a boy different ?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 8:25 pm
If you don't do food you could celebrate by going somewhere else afterwards. The weather is so nice you could take your family to a park a little further away from your house fora treat. Or a faraway park if you own a car and have the time. You could also take to any entertainment attraction. Like to a trampoline park. For a present my daughter's school doesn't let graduation presents. The grandmother's buy the kids little things that are OK to take to school. Like something special to color. Or the latest trading stickers or toys that are in style. Why don't you buy him a chumash if he doesn't get a chumash. You could also get him something that has to do with a mitzvah. Like his own bencher or shema card a personalized negal Vassar cup... we got my son a bike bell and lights for the bikes wheel. It didn't last forever but it reminded him how big he was for the next few weeks.

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 8:42 pm
Boys recieve a siddur at the chumash suda. Yes we get them a set of chumashim (the ones cheder uses) . He will need it come sep. Anyway. And be using it for next several yrs iyh. May as well give wrapped as gift.
It is at this point that boys "know" how to read and need lots of practice.an inexpensive tehillem with or without name willalso come in handy at home
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics