Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I just don’t like healthy food

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 6:27 pm
I guess it’s not entirely true. I can eat salad or veggies with my dinner. Throughout the day though I only like carbs and junk. I will not eat a salad for lunch if you paid me. I need some sort of sweet thing for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and I have to force myself to eat fruit for snack. Can I still lose weight??

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 6:29 pm
There are healthier options in sweetners bread etc..
Tanya has approved snacks..
You also crave less sugar when eating protein

Cheiny

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
I guess it’s not entirely true. I can eat salad or veggies with my dinner. Throughout the day though I only like carbs and junk. I will not eat a salad for lunch if you paid me. I need some sort of sweet thing for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and I have to force myself to eat fruit for snack. Can I still lose weight??

The problem is it becomes a vicious cycle with sugar and carbs. They cause more cravings.
That’s why the high protein-low carb diets are so successful. Cutting out those sugars and carbs cuts cravings and hunger.

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:39 pm
I also thought this until I began to cut back on my sugar intake. I learned that the less sugar I ate, the less I craved it.

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:49 pm
sometimes, the mindset of "what can I add that's healthy?" works for people - if you're pairing your morning pastry with some fruit and a decent yogurt, you might not nosh twice more before lunch. if you add a bit of lean turkey or cheese and cherry tomatoes with your carby afternoon crackers, you'll probably feel satisfied with fewer crackers and not feel so hungry to overeat at dinner. a few nuts and carrots with your evening popcorn? probably feel a little fuller so you don't wash it down with as much chocolate. pasta lunch? add some broccoli to add nutrients. etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise