Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Water park with family

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 9:34 pm
My kids are dreaming of going to a water park and I would love to take them. But I’m not sure how to do it, there will be mixed swimming and women in bathing suits. Is it something people do or should I forget about it?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 9:37 pm
Everyone has different standards regarding this. You do what you think is right, without looking at what others do. But, for men and boys above a certain age, it's assur, but I don't take my sons once they turn 3. I take only my girls.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:14 pm
We need somebody to open a jewish indoor waterpark.
One for boys and men and another for girls and women.
Open all year round....
Anyone?

seeker

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:46 pm
There are parks that get rented out by frum groups for a boys night/girls night. I know American Dream had that at a couple of key times of year, and I'm pretty sure I've seen other group moves too. It's not a whole family trip, but the only way your whole family can go at once is if other whole families can also go and then you end up with the mixed crowd you were concerned about.

seeker

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:49 pm
The other possibility is if you take a day off when it's not any kind of holiday or vacation time, go to one of these indoor waterpark hotel things, be the first one there in the morning and hope for the best. There will likely still be women in bathing suits but at a non-peak hour on a non-peak day in a non-peak season there will be fewer and easier to avoid where they're hanging out. This would only be a suitable solution if you're a little chill in the first place, though. If any sighting at all of any woman in a bathing suit anywhere in your vicinity would be unacceptable, then forget it. I'm just floating the suggestion because I know people have different levels of comfort around these things.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:52 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
We need somebody to open a jewish indoor waterpark.
One for boys and men and another for girls and women.
Open all year round....
Anyone?

Great idea!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics