Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
IPL hair removal
Previous  1  2

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 9:25 am
amother Maize wrote:
I’m amother Maize. I just showed my legs and underarms to my friend who does electrolysis. She was amazed! I have a handful of sporadic hairs on both, they’re 99% hair free.

I’ve been going over each area 3-5 times about twice a week lately. I think the reason people aren’t jumping on this machine is the same reason people pay cleaning ladies, they don’t want to do it themselves, it takes a lot of time!

Can you clarify what you mean by 3-5 times about twice a week. I am the above poster who just bought the nood flasher and have tried it once. Do you go over the same area 3-5 times every time you do it? How do you know how many times to go over the same spot?

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:16 am
I have the Braun 5 for a few months. I used it once a week for a few weeks but when I did it twice a week a saw the biggest difference. It mostly helped my legs my underarm needs more time. It takes me about 5-10 minutes.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:19 am
amother Aubergine wrote:
Can you clarify what you mean by 3-5 times about twice a week. I am the above poster who just bought the nood flasher and have tried it once. Do you go over the same area 3-5 times every time you do it? How do you know how many times to go over the same spot?

Yes I go over the same area 3-5 times. So I do my legs and underarms and then go do it again. 3-5 times. It’s time consuming. And I think the instructions say to do it just once but I figured the professional lasers are much stronger so I can do it a few times. And now I’m basically done!

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:19 am
Also the lasers work with color. I’m an ideal candidate, light skin and dark hair.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:36 am
Is it painful?

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:40 am
if you are happy with your machine can you please post links?

TIA

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:45 am
Do you always have to shave the area before you use it?

amother
Oleander

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 1:11 am
amother Maize wrote:
I’m amother Maize. I just showed my legs and underarms to my friend who does electrolysis. She was amazed! I have a handful of sporadic hairs on both, they’re 99% hair free.

I’ve been going over each area 3-5 times about twice a week lately. I think the reason people aren’t jumping on this machine is the same reason people pay cleaning ladies, they don’t want to do it themselves, it takes a lot of time!

Is this machine safe? I would love to do it, it's much more convenient, but I'm concerned about the safety.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 11:15 am
those of you who have a machine and are happy with it can you please post a link? I would love to buy one
thanks

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 1:12 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Is it painful?

I just started using the Nood flasher and I don't find it hurts at all. I use the highest rating on my legs and it feels like a wave of warmth to me. On my bikini area and armpit, the highest level sometimes feels slightly too hot but the level can be lowered.

I can't vouch for how it works yet, because I only used it one time so far.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 1:13 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
Is this machine safe? I would love to do it, it's much more convenient, but I'm concerned about the safety.

I don't really know if it is really safe long term, but I asked my kid's pediatrician and he said it was safe, so I am going with that for now.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 1:20 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Do you always have to shave the area before you use it?

Yes you are supposed to shave first and have it totally clean and free of product (so no deodorant or moisturizer) right before doing it. I basically shave and exfoliate in the shower and then dry off and use the IPL machine. The way I understand it is that shaving before IPL is supposed to helps the light beam to focus in on the hair root. Some of the things I read, say that if the hair is long than it won't be as effective getting the root and that the light beam when it is focused on the hair might also burn the skin.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 1:24 pm
can you post the link of what you are useing?

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 2:34 pm
amother Peony wrote:
can you post the link of what you are useing?

I just started using the following:
Nood Flasher

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 3:00 pm
This is mine https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics