Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
What time does your pre1a child end school?
Previous  1  2

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 10:57 am
That makes sense. I always do the 2pm nursery pickup because I don't need the extended day badly enough to spend the extra 2k. But last year my son was one of 4 who left then. It seems that most mothers need the full day so ending pre1a at 2 here would not work well.

We have a smaller boys school where pre1a ends at 3 but almost no mothers work full time so it works for their culture.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 11:01 am
amother Ginger wrote:
Absolutely but it's not inherintly bad. If it works with your lifestyle, having a bored toddler at home is actually great for them.

OP didn't specify why she finds it hard but I am just pointing out the advantage to the child.

Pre1a is 5 year olds turning 6 not toddlers.
My pre1a kids get out at 3:45 and I think it’s great. My kids all loved school at that age and it’s just long enough that they’re really ready to come home. They still have quite a few hours to fill before bedtime and definitely complain of boredom but they’re able to entertain themselves since it’s not endless time.

amother
Zinnia

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 11:06 am
amother Ginger wrote:
Absolutely but it's not inherintly bad. If it works with your lifestyle, having a bored toddler at home is actually great for them.

OP didn't specify why she finds it hard but I am just pointing out the advantage to the child.

Pre 1 A/primary is not a toddler. They're 5-6 years old.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 11:10 am
Wow ok I’m surprised so many other schools end so early for this age.
But where I live all the other schools have at least until 3:30, many until 4:00, for pre1a so I’m feeling resentful especially with the crazy high tuition I pay

keym

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 11:13 am
amother OP wrote:
But where I live all the other schools have at least until 3:30, many until 4:00, for pre1a so I’m feeling resentful especially with the crazy high tuition I pay

Do they charge less?
At least my school has a lower tuition price for primary.

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 11:46 am
amother OP wrote:

Where do you live?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers