Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Lazy Veggie Lasagna

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 12:11 pm
Everyone really enjoyed this - all the fun of lasagna without the layering

Lazy Veggie Lasagna

Excerpt From: Gina Homolka - Skinnytaste One and Don.

SERVES 4

When I was a kid, I always loved helping my mom make lasagna—it was an all-day affair because she usually whipped up more than one for holidays. But why save this dish for special occasions when you can make a quick weeknight version in a single skillet? No draining the noodles or layering the pasta; everything cooks all in one pot at the same time! This meatless version is loaded with vegetables, and no one in my family misses the meat. Leftovers (if you have any!) reheat well the next day.

1 cup (8 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
½ tablespoon olive oil
½ medium onion, chopped
6 ounces mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
1½ cups broccoli florets (1-inch pieces)
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cups chopped baby spinach
“2 cups jarred marinara sauce
1¼ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
6½ ounces no-boil lasagna noodles (about 11), wheat or gluten-free, broken into 1½-inch pieces
¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, and parsley.

In a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet with a fitted lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the onion, mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper, and garlic, and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer to a medium bowl.

To the skillet, add the marinara sauce, broth, and basil. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Add the noodles, stir to coat, and spread into an even layer, making sure the noodles are submerged in liquid. Return the vegetables to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer, covered and stirring occasionally, until the pasta is just tender and the sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.

Remove the pan from the heat and dollop the ricotta cheese mixture over the lasagna noodles. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top.

Adjust an oven rack to 6 inches from the heating element and preheat the broiler to high.

Broil until the cheese is melted and slightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Divide among 4 plates and garnish with the parsley.

Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals