Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
The mystery of the missing checks
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 12:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
She told me she cant reissue the checks yet.
That's not ok.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 12:51 pm
boysrus wrote:
Agreed. I think if they refuse to reissue the checks yet you need to ask your Rav to call them on your behalf. Its totally not your problem that this happened, they are withholding your payment for no reason which is an issur doraysa. this is so wrong. I'm so sorry OP

It seems they are behind payments for some of their other employees. She did issue me a check for one of the newer invoices which I received, but she is not in a position to cut another check for something they already paid for.

It's ok. I will be a bit patient and see if this can be resolved in the next week or two.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 1:00 pm
amother Iris wrote:
That's not so cool. You're narrowing down her location, profession, etc. Even if she's really nice and chilled, this is doxxing.

Oh! I didn't realize there was something wrong. It's always a compliment when we hear from her. I'm happy to delete my post or have mods do so.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 1:24 pm
Op does the school name start with M?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 1:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
It seems they are behind payments for some of their other employees. She did issue me a check for one of the newer invoices which I received, but she is not in a position to cut another check for something they already paid for.

It's ok. I will be a bit patient and see if this can be resolved in the next week or two.

I don’t work for a frum company so I don’t know how Halacha plays into this but we don’t reissue checks either until we hear back from the bank. It’s not so simple to just trust the employee or vendor who’s telling you they didn’t get paid, some are just plain disorganized or forgot something and get mixed up or there are dishonest people around. It’s a risk to pay double before having the refund in hand.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 1:52 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
What's mind boggling is that the US still uses checks. They're archaic, costly, and risky. Haven't seen a check in a decade where I live and they've been fully discontinued for several years.

Yes, also can't believe big companies and institutions are using checks. Here it is only people over 80 using them.

I don't think I have written a cheque for several years.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 2:24 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
Op does the school name start with M?

No, but I imagine there are many schools that are behind with their paychecks. Every frum school struggles financially, I thought. At least that's what they would have us believe.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 2:28 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
I don’t work for a frum company so I don’t know how Halacha plays into this but we don’t reissue checks either until we hear back from the bank. It’s not so simple to just trust the employee or vendor who’s telling you they didn’t get paid, some are just plain disorganized or forgot something and get mixed up or there are dishonest people around. It’s a risk to pay double before having the refund in hand.

I agree with this. It makes sense to wait to see what the bank says first.

It's not that I think she doesn't trust me; I'm sure she does. But if I were in her place and in charge of paying a whole staff, I would also not reissue a replacement check (and be out twice) when there are other people who are waiting to get paid for that month. There's just not enough money in their account at the moment.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 2:31 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Oh! I didn't realize there was something wrong. It's always a compliment when we hear from her. I'm happy to delete my post or have mods do so.

It's ok. I appreciate that Peachpuff wants to protect my identity. Thank you.
But I don't think anyone is identifying me from this story.

(And I'd love to know how you did that. That was super impressive.)

amother
Peachpuff

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 10:00 am
amother OP wrote:
It's ok. I appreciate that Peachpuff wants to protect my identity. Thank you.
But I don't think anyone is identifying me from this story.

(And I'd love to know how you did that. That was super impressive.)

I'm really so sorry and won't do it again, even if I suspect. It's your writing style, beginning from the title....
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics