Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Noom on Shabbos

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 4:32 pm
Just started the plan and wondering how you work the plan without the app?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 5:10 pm
Bump

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 3:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Bump

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:22 am
You don't. You delete the app and stay far away. It literally is no different from other calorie restrictive diets. It'll mess with your appetite, and mental and emotional health.
Noom really messed me up, I was hungry all the time, and it brought out a lot of disordered eating in me. There were times I exercised just so I "was allowed" to eat more, do you realize how messed up that is? Noom is literally just calorie restriction by another name, and they throw in some fake psychology to make themselves seem fancy, different, and special. They aren't and it's just a big scam.

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:02 am
I’m not disagreeing with the above about calorie restriction.

But I know for myself, that when I went on noom it actually opened my eyes to the amount of calories I was eating daily. Although many were healthy foods, I was over eating the amount of calories that was good for my body, and therefore I couldn’t lose weight. I finally started to lose weight when I got smarter with what/how much I’m putting in my mouth. I didn’t actually feel deprived. The opposite. I was able to “cheat” with a “forbidden food” bc I saw that as long as I kept the calories within the correct range I was finally starting to lose weight. (eating too few calories isn’t healthy either, which at some points in dieting I was doing and still not loosing weight! It was hitting that happy range that worked for me)

I had to stop bc I got pregnant (which was a struggle! And I truly believe that one thing that helped conceive was losing weight, even only a few lbs at first).

Iyh after im done nursing I plan to get it again.

If it doesn’t feel right for you, don’t do it.

On shabbos you can do trial and error. Either look up food before Shabbos to see how much calories they are, or after Shabbos type it all in and see how to modify what you eat for the next shabbos)

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:31 am
I've done Noom, Weight Watchers and every other similar program out there. One of the tips I learned was to log the food I planned to eat on Shabbos in advance. That way, I went into the day with a game plan. It may or may not work for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise