Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Preteen swimsuit links please

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 4:18 pm
Anyone have Amazon links to a bathing suit with a drop of coverage like a shelf bra? She is size 14 kids or xs women. Preferably not more than $30. Thanks!!!

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 6:05 pm
You want tznius bathing suit or regular?
Landsend has a great selection of both

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 12:14 am
Just a regular one piece

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 12:45 am
Many bathing suits (excluding racing suits, which are designed to be as light as possible) have an extra layer of fabric lining the entire front of the suit. Is that sufficient?

girlishmom

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 1:12 am
I have found speedo to have good coverage
https://amzn.to/43II551

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 1:47 pm
Thanks! Any idea how the sizing works with speedo? So confused by the numbers.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 5:24 pm
I've been wondering if the shelf bras actually provide any support more than just acting as a regular lining.

DD is busty enough to need a real bra but a bathing suit with a full cup bra seems like overkill. (her regular bra is the smallest size. I don't know if it's A or if it's some special tween size that's smaller than A but bigger than "training bra" because it's from some private label brand that doesn't have regular sizing on the label) Also I doubt the cup bra bathing suits would fit her because she is still a petite 12 year old and I think even the smallest adult sizes would be too big. I can buy a size 0P to try just in case but I'm not optimistic.

So I'm wondering if I should even bother looking for the shelf bra bathing suits or just stick with her old bathing suits because how are the "shelf bras" supportive anyway? They look like nothing to me. But it's been a looooong time since I was in that size range myself so I don't know.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 5:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone have Amazon links to a bathing suit with a drop of coverage like a shelf bra? She is size 14 kids or xs women. Preferably not more than $30. Thanks!!!

This one has a shelf bra
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BR.....ss_tl

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 5:37 pm
Thanks. I'm very able to find a shelf bra, the question is does it do anything. Are shelf bras in bathing suits supportive at all or should I just not bother because last year's bathing suits still fit fine they just don't have a bra.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics