Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DD Age 15 Snoring WWD?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 7:42 am
DD, 15 began snoring a short while ago at the same time she began taking Zoloft. Her psychiatrist claims it is unrelated and that I should speak to my pediatrician. I have an appointment at the end of next week. However, her sister who sleeps in a room with her is waking up from the snoring. I do not have another place for her to sleep.

Does anyone have any experience with Zoloft or any other psychiatric medication causing snoring?

Anyone have any ideas (except ear plugs for other DD) how to take care of the snoring problem?

TIA

amother
Peony

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 7:43 am
I would speak to the pediatrician. For sure.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 7:45 am
I would see an airway informed orthodontist.

I don't know of a connection to zoloft, but I can think of several theories. I don't believe in coincidences when it comes to health/medical things.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 9:19 am
Perhaps she is sleeping more deeply now, and some people snore more when they’re in a deeper sleep.

TwinsMommy

Post Sat, Jun 03 2023, 8:45 pm
I'd add that a sleep apnea test wouldn't be a bad idea. I was snoring and doing some other stuff during sleeping and it turned out I had bad sleep apnea. I still don't sleep well, but I sleep with CPAP now and don't snore or do anything while sleeping other than sleep.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 03 2023, 9:09 pm
Thanks for your help. I have an appointment at the pediatrician next week. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas until then....

TwinsMommy

Post Sat, Jun 03 2023, 9:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for your help. I have an appointment at the pediatrician next week. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas until then....

white noise machine for the sister?

extra pillow for the snorer?

temporary relocation to the couch for one of them OR re-arrange a different family member to sleep with the non snoring sister instead of the snorer?

rubyred

Post Sat, Jun 03 2023, 10:29 pm
Did she gain weight from Zoloft?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 03 2023, 10:41 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
white noise machine for the sister?

extra pillow for the snorer?

temporary relocation to the couch for one of them OR re-arrange a different family member to sleep with the non snoring sister instead of the snorer?
thanks so much! I put a noise machine in the room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children