Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help planing trip to New Hampshire
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 12:59 pm
Any ideas on what to do and where to stay? Traveling in the summer for a few day with kids 3-7
Would love to have a mix of age appropriate nature activities plus general fun things

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 8:00 pm
I went many years ago. Its beautiful.
There was a great park with a bear show, bumper boats, if anyone knows the name?
There's chairlifts

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:16 pm
We have done this trip as a summer vacation trip over 15 times w my kids. We do hikes every day except one day when we spend money. There are amazing easy hikes that little ones love. We do use a baby carrier and take a second one if we have a 3 or 4 yr old that may get tired. A great hiking app is all trails. Any trail that has water is a winner. For trips - Clark’s, cranmore mountain, biking trip. We did a boating trip and zip lining for much older kids- zip lining was overrated.

pause

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:18 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
I went many years ago. Its beautiful.
There was a great park with a bear show, bumper boats, if anyone knows the name?
There's chairlifts

Clark's Trading Post

Other popular attractions include
Flume Gorge
Mount Washington

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:22 pm
As far as where to stay- airbnb or Vrbo. Rly check reviews and check amenities. the Jewish areas are Lincoln or Bethlehem but we’ve stayed further out. Shabbos is more complicated because of tchum.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:23 pm
pause wrote:
Clark's Trading Post

Other popular attractions include
Flume Gorge
Mount Washington

Yes these are great!

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:27 pm
Another vote for Clarks trading post - my kids still talk abt the bear show and other activities we did there many yrs later. (especially the train ride where the man keeps coming out of the woods screaming)
We stayed in an airbnb in the lincoln area. Lots of kid-friendly stuff in the area.

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 10:38 pm
We stayed in Lincoln. There were many frum ppl so there were constant minyanim at the Days Inn.
There were also many nearby attractions. We did Echo Lake boating and chairlift, Flume Gorge, Clark's Trading and also a bit further is Mt. Washington.

perquacky

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 11:30 pm
It's one of our favorite places to vacation.
I agree with everything already mentioned.
Also Lost River Gorge, Storyland, and Attitash.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 02 2023, 9:52 am
Thank you these look like such fun ideas! Are there any specific hikes that I can do with a 3 year old without a carrier? Short easy hikes

smile1818

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 10:12 am
Bump
Also looking for affordable place to stay

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 7:12 am
Is it possible to stay over shabbos?

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 7:36 am
amother Cyan wrote:
Is it possible to stay over shabbos?

After tisha b’av until Rosh Chodesh there are minyanim on shabbos in loon village and clearbrook village.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 7:41 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you these look like such fun ideas! Are there any specific hikes that I can do with a 3 year old without a carrier? Short easy hikes

We love the Lincoln area!

Which hikes you choose for little kids depends on their stamina, but I recommend Flume and Gorge, and you can always go a short distance of the bigger climb up to Lonesome Lake. On the other side of the highway, right there, is the Falling Waters trail, it's fun to go partway up that with littles, too. You might also be able to handle Artist's Bluff nearby, or East Pond, or going to the first outlook on the Welch-Dickey loop. You could also do a flat hike along Franconia trail. Use the AllTrails site mentioned upthread for details.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:04 am
If I don’t like hiking, would I still enjoy?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:29 am
Any kosher food?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 10:21 am
The Lost River is our favorite.
Canmore Mountain is a lot of fun for the kids (but maybe your kids are young and don't need thrilling) When we went last year they had made the tickets only half a day instead of full day and lines were longish.
The basin is a free hiking area that is beautiful. Although signs say no swimming, if you walk in past the actual basin, (really just a few minutes walk) there are numerous spots where people do go in. We bring our kids in bathing suits and they have a great time. Water is shallow.
Hobo Railroad is a nice activity if you need a sedentary activity. Haven't gone on it in several years, but I think it was not too long (an hour?), beautiful scenery, and a clown came and twisted balloons for the kids.
We also like to take cable cars up loon mountain, there is a short, doable hike with caves up there.
Clark's trading post is fun. But after we went one time we didn't think it was worth repeating.

src6

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 10:24 am
amother Lilac wrote:
Any kosher food?

In Bethlehem there is a pop up kosher grocery store. In PMR

smile1818

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 1:02 pm
Flume gorge vs lost river gorge
If you need to choose one to do with kids which one is better? (Scenic and ease of hike)

src6

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 1:33 pm
smile1818 wrote:
Flume gorge vs lost river gorge
If you need to choose one to do with kids which one is better? (Scenic and ease of hike)

The flume gorge is supposed to be beautiful, but we never did it because we always had small children and were afraid 2 miles was too long for them. The lost river is shorter and absolutely stunning. It is also a lot of steps which the kids really like, and there are caves along the route that they can climb through. But I can't really compare because never did flume
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics