Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Lakewood- Linden Transitional K

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 7:17 am
Has anyone sent to Linden's transitional Kindergarten? what was ur experience there? were you able to integrate into a regular cheder directly from there?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 7:19 am
I believe there is someone who does clubs in Sundays to fill in the educational gaps and help prepare children.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 7:51 am
I have a relative who sent her son there. He went to a regular cheder the next year. He still needed some therapy in primary.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 8:00 am
Yep my son went
Frum teachers and therapists (except pt)
Morah chana Faigy Schwartz does clubs Sundays and after school. Food all kosher from Gelbsteins. Most of the kids in his class were frum. The assistants are not frum but they know about shabbos purim etc
Kids go to Stars, kochvei ohr, regular cheder with a shadow and therapies, the center, the board of ed has a meeting to determine placement for primary

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 9:14 am
amother Maroon wrote:
Yep my son went
Frum teachers and therapists (except pt)
Morah chana Faigy Schwartz does clubs Sundays and after school. Food all kosher from Gelbsteins. Most of the kids in his class were frum. The assistants are not frum but they know about shabbos purim etc
Kids go to Stars, kochvei ohr, regular cheder with a shadow and therapies, the center, the board of ed has a meeting to determine placement for primary

thank you. my child is in Linden preschool now and they are recommending to continue with transitional k(their primary) - which is very diff from the preschool program. is that where your child went? was it very difficult to transition to cheder directly? as opposed to going to stars this year, or a regular kindergarten with support

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:32 am
amother OP wrote:
thank you. my child is in Linden preschool now and they are recommending to continue with transitional k(their primary) - which is very diff from the preschool program. is that where your child went? was it very difficult to transition to cheder directly? as opposed to going to stars this year, or a regular kindergarten with support

If you already have another son in yeshiva, it’s fine to send to the transitional kindergarten because he will have a yeshiva to go when he’s ready. The only reason I didn’t send mine to the transitional kindergarten was because he was my first boy. It would’ve made it even harder than it already was to get him into a school.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:08 pm
Yes. It was the best decision. Another year of support and therapy. It was so worth it. But we had another child in school so we were getting in as a sibling. Otherwise we probably would have had a really hard time getting into school.

It was great because they start teaching reading in kindergarten as well as math, and it was such a confidence boost for my DC to already know so much the next year. And then the basics were just solidified by learning it again so by purim time when things were new, it was like sure I can do this I'm so smart at school.

We continued doing private ot and speech which also helped. I'm very much in favor of providing support when they're young and learning instead of trying to play catch up afterwards.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 7:39 pm
anyone sending to to transitional k for next year?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 10:11 pm
amother Snow wrote:
anyone sending to to transitional k for next year?

Still on the fence about sending:) curious if you have any updated information on what kind of ratio of frum students are being in the integrated class this upcoming year

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:31 am
amother OP wrote:
Still on the fence about sending:) curious if you have any updated information on what kind of ratio of frum students are being in the integrated class this upcoming year

nope. don't have any info. where else would u possibly send your child?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 12:47 pm
stars

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 5:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
stars

So lucky! Stars was not an option for me becuase my child was not eligible for special ed but there is no way he can be in a regular 4 year old playgroup, so my only option is Liden as a regular ed child. at least there is a special ed teacher in the classroom so he will benefit from that.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 5:19 pm
I was very happy. Ms chani is amazing. Ask shainy who the teacher is. Mostly frum kids. My son made so much progress

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 6:01 pm
amother Snow wrote:
So lucky! Stars was not an option for me becuase my child was not eligible for special ed but there is no way he can be in a regular 4 year old playgroup, so my only option is Liden as a regular ed child. at least there is a special ed teacher in the classroom so he will benefit from that.

Did you try head start?
I was in a position like that a few years ago and a few people told me to try head start
I called them and they said thanks to Coivd they are not opening that year

They are opening up next year I saw an ad maybe try them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 6:12 pm
amother Snow wrote:

is your child eligible to receive services through insurance? I have a couple of nice non boe options(with/without insurance) that I checked out. If you post under your screen name for a few minutes I can pm you info

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 11:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
is your child eligible to receive services through insurance? I have a couple of nice non boe options(with/without insurance) that I checked out. If you post under your screen name for a few minutes I can pm you info

can you pm me?

Last edited by amother on Thu, Aug 10 2023, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 5:45 am
sent you msg
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)