Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can you help me find a dress that camouflages my weight?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 8:54 am
Coffee beanz wrote:
https://impactfashionnyc.com/
I would try this site. Rivky is a trained couture seamstress who has a size inclusive line up to size 22 I think. She is very into dressing for your body shape vs your size.

These are the recommendations for pear shapes which she calls triangle.
https://impactfashionnyc.com/c.....elies

Eta these are pricey I don't know your budget but for a nice dress you feel good in for shabbos and simchos it may be worth it

Thank you for the links

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 8:55 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
I am about the same size as you and I find that dresses look much better on me than shirt and skirt unless the shirts are more cropped. I would definitely work on just embracing your curves. And fwiw I think I look great (after having several kids) and don't think I look so overweight. So it's probably mostly just you that thinks you look heavy.

Thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 8:55 am
amother Salmon wrote:
I'm basically the same size as you. I like the dresses from https://kalmodestwear.com/ They are very comfortable and flattering.

Very helpful- thank you!

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 9:01 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m very short- 5 ft
And 140 lbs
The only thing I can wear that I feel is hiding my access weight in a straight black skirt- same style that older women might wear.
I wear the same black skirt ALL the time..
Can you please help me find a weekday dress and a shabbos dress that will hide my stomach and thighs… is that even possible?
I feel so hopeless. I’ve been shopping and shopping and can’t find anything.

https://impactfashionnyc.com/c.....royal

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 10:07 am
I am more pear shaped - 5’4 and 165 lb. For reference, I look pretty thin at 140 because I am very bottom heavy and at that weight I can wear a size small-medium dress, anywhere from size 4-8 depending on dress or skirt style (always bigger for straight or pencil styles). Right now I am a large around an 8-12 depending. I have a few great drawstring waist dresses from Junee that are really nice for me. If you don’t like a cinched waist, go for a-line to accentuate your smaller torso. Don’t get things big on top. That is my advice. I am trying to lose weight but can look pretty good at this weight with the right clothes. Also make sure your bras fit well and maybe get a shaper for tummy and hips. Form fitting is better no matter what your weight. Hiding just looks bigger and you aren’t that big even if you have some fat.

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 1:28 pm
Following. I also have the same problem. If I put on one of the stylish skirts, I look like a house. So I wear a straight skirt.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 2:19 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
Following. I also have the same problem. If I put on one of the stylish skirts, I look like a house. So I wear a straight skirt.

Ahh so you get it…
I say that I look like a puffed penguin

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 9:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ahh so you get it…
I say that I look like a puffed penguin

LOL! I think I'm going to use that saying from now on.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 3:45 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
I am more pear shaped - 5’4 and 165 lb. For reference, I look pretty thin at 140 because I am very bottom heavy and at that weight I can wear a size small-medium dress, anywhere from size 4-8 depending on dress or skirt style (always bigger for straight or pencil styles). Right now I am a large around an 8-12 depending. I have a few great drawstring waist dresses from Junee that are really nice for me. If you don’t like a cinched waist, go for a-line to accentuate your smaller torso. Don’t get things big on top. That is my advice. I am trying to lose weight but can look pretty good at this weight with the right clothes. Also make sure your bras fit well and maybe get a shaper for tummy and hips. Form fitting is better no matter what your weight. Hiding just looks bigger and you aren’t that big even if you have some fat.

For some reason a lined skirts make my thighs look very big…
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics