Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Loosing weight and sagging skin

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 4:30 am
I have a lot of weight to lose and have started losing some. I have begun to have some sagging skin. What do you ladies do about that while you are losing weight? It is so uncomfortable. I wear shorts under my clothing so its all sort of bunched up in there, but its the summer and its just extremely uncomfortable and sweaty. And bright ideas of how to make it more comfortable?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 6:54 am
amother OP wrote:
I have a lot of weight to lose and have started losing some. I have begun to have some sagging skin. What do you ladies do about that while you are losing weight? It is so uncomfortable. I wear shorts under my clothing so its all sort of bunched up in there, but its the summer and its just extremely uncomfortable and sweaty. And bright ideas of how to make it more comfortable?

How fast are you losing weight ?
Are you exercising?
Age is also a factor. How old are you?

imaima

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 6:56 am
Do you moisturize your skin enough regularly? It should make your skin more elastic

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 7:50 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
How fast are you losing weight ?
Are you exercising?
Age is also a factor. How old are you?

I am not loosing all that fast at all actually.
Ive lost maybe 20 pounds, but I feel the skin getting a bit looser and sitting on my in a different way than it used to. (does that make sense?)
And in terms of exercising, not exactly, but I have a new job that is way more physical than any job Ive ever had before and that seems to be making a big differnce as well.
In what way is age a factor?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 7:52 am
imaima wrote:
Do you moisturize your skin enough regularly? It should make your skin more elastic

The area that is sagging is my stomach, at the bottom. It hangs ove my private area and a littlebit my legs. It would be very uncomfortable to mosturize the area. I actually make sure that it is very dry or else my skin cracks from sweat.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 8:44 am
Young Age makes the skin more elastic. When one loses weight when they’re older it just naturally doesn’t have that same type of elasticity as when you’re young.

Sometimes one just has to consider plastic surgery….

& exercise is crucial for tight skin when losing weight. Doesn’t matter how active you are at work.
Swim or lifting weights might help.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 8:47 am
amother OP wrote:
The area that is sagging is my stomach, at the bottom. It hangs ove my private area and a littlebit my legs. It would be very uncomfortable to mosturize the area. I actually make sure that it is very dry or else my skin cracks from sweat.

I has this same issue after having twins at 22.
It got smaller slowly over 2 year. I was surprised into see it was BETTER after my next baby (single) was born 2 years later. Better but not great

being over 6 months pregnant and eventually gaining weight in my late 30s were the only things that fixed it enough that it didn't drive me crazy.

Otherwise I always wore a girdle.

I think surgery might help too.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 8:52 am
A tummy tuck is the best option.
Def exercise, do core if it's mainly abdomen area.
This is muscle tightening exercise, a job that requires cardio exercise won't help with tightening skin & muscles.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 8:54 am
You must exercise 3-4 times a week while loosing weight if you don’t want sagging skin. I bh lost 100 pounds in a year and hardly any sagging.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 11:06 am
Thanks everyone. I do hope to look into surgery once I have lost all of the weight that I am trying to lose, but my question was sort of about in the interim, while I am still losing, is there anything anyone does to make that sagging skin feel better or not so bad?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 2:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks everyone. I do hope to look into surgery once I have lost all of the weight that I am trying to lose, but my question was sort of about in the interim, while I am still losing, is there anything anyone does to make that sagging skin feel better or not so bad?

exercising while losing weight

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 2:36 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
exercising while losing weight

Thanks. Easier said than done.

imaima

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 2:20 am
amother OP wrote:

Yes
Sport and moisturizer

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 2:39 am
Moisturizer should act as a barrier against sweat and protect your skin

Cotton Biker shorts help keep the area from bouncing and rubbing.

Drinking a lot of water should also help elasticity

Some people claim that you can rub collagen right onto an area and it helps. I've never tried it, and it sounds like bogus to me, but there might be something in it.

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 12:42 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
You must exercise 3-4 times a week while loosing weight if you don’t want sagging skin. I bh lost 100 pounds in a year and hardly any sagging.

please tell me how you lost so much weight. I am so despondent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise