Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Car seat vs bugaboo seat

happy chick

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 12:08 pm
so many posts about the negative effects of having a child in a car seat (specifically regarding the doona) for extended periods of time. and I agree. however, all the bugaboo seats are in a sitting position. when your child falls asleep, all youre doing is moving the position of the seat, but its still in a sitting position (the child is not lying flat like in a bed). I understand that most of them also come with a bassinet for the first few months (which are the most crucial), but by 4 months most babies are already in the seat. its more spacious than a car seat, but still not flat. whats the difference? what makes the bugaboo seat acceptable?

ftr, I own the bugaboo bee. for years. the original bee didnt come with a bassinet, but it did lay completely flat. thats what made me choose it, but the newer models do not lay as flat.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 12:12 pm
I have a vista. It lays completely flat but the feet are raised. And I have a citi mini your for travel, also lies flat.

bsy

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 1:09 pm
For little babies you are supposed to use the bassinet, not the bucket seats. Bucket seats are not good for kids but that's what everyone uses ....

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 1:25 pm
The car seat angle is still steeper than the stroller seat.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 1:46 pm
The car seat doesn't recline, so the child is in the same mostly upright position and doesn't have much space to move. Bucket shaped seat, like the bugaboo, the child is lying flat, just their legs are up. Also they have more space to move. It isn't ideal but it's only to be used from 6m+ and before that the baby should be in the bassinet.
That's one of the reasons why I prefer the city mini because the seat lies flat and I think that's more comfortable and a better position.

hiitsme

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 2:00 pm
Most babies are in a bassinet until they're 6 months old, not 4 months.

GLUE

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 2:02 pm
hiitsme wrote:

Are not those bassinet very small? How does the baby fit into it at 6 months?

Are you not worried that at 4 months when they start "jumping" they might fall out of the bassinet?

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 2:12 pm
hiitsme wrote:

Do you have tint babies? Mine was was too big after 3.5 months. And the uppababy bassinet is not a small bassinet.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 2:17 pm
Babies should be sleeping regularly in cribs. If your babies are taking all their naps in a stroller, maybe you should rethink their schedule.

hiitsme

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 2:20 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Do you have tint babies? Mine was was too big after 3.5 months. And the uppababy bassinet is not a small bassinet.

Weird, I have quite big babies and my last one fit in the Mountain buggy Duet bassinet (which is tiny) until 5 months old. And no, I don't squeeze my babies in like a "trying to find a fitting parable"

top mom

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 2:30 pm
My big , pudgy baby fit into the bugaboo bee bassinet until she was 5 months old, comfortably.
I only switched to the seat because she was bored and tried looking around.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 3:13 pm
The bassinet isn't safe once your baby is rolling over. It's a milestone, not an age factor. My baby did that early, so we switched to the seat.

happy chick

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 3:15 pm
the issue is not how big the baby is, but rather as soon as baby can roll over the bassinet is no longer safe. and my question wasnt about the bassinet, but about the seat. people are so concerned for their neighbors/friends/family/strangers who use the doona as a stroller and im yet to hear how the bugaboo seats are better. its not about laying flat vs sitting up, some babies need to sleep propped up because of reflux. thats not an issue. the problem is that child isnt laying flat, regardless of whether theyre sleeping or awake. they are always in a sitting position.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics