Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Link for adirei hatorah event
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 10:10 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
Just curious is this event basically for Lkwd ppl? Are Bklyn / 5t/ monsey contingents going or totally not ?

Majority is Lakewood but anyone can buy tickets… it wasnt exclusive to Lakewood.

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 10:19 pm
Just curious is this event basically for Lkwd ppl? Are Bklyn / 5t/ monsey contingents going or totally not ?

My bils from monsey passaic and brooklyn went. It definitely attracts lakewood style though...

Galit79

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 10:23 pm

I think it's for everyone. The whole movement was started by a man from Monsey

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 10:26 pm
Seeing 20,000 men sing together Torahs Hashem Temima was so incredible, uplifting and validating.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 11:43 pm
What was the event about? I don't get it. Was trying to figure it out from the ads.. but couldn't..

be good

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 12:19 am
Valuing and supporting Torah and Torah learners.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 12:47 am
It was so beautiful to watch. I’m trying to figure out how they didn’t publish the link. Why wouldn’t you want wives and family to get the same chizzuk.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 12:52 am
Is there any way to watch a replay? I really would love to see.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 1:01 am
Yeshiva world said tomorrow they will post a full video replay

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 10:52 am
amother Lavender wrote:
It was so beautiful to watch. I’m trying to figure out how they didn’t publish the link. Why wouldn’t you want wives and family to get the same chizzuk.
They don't want to encourage people to go online. They sent out the recording on a usb last year.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 11:08 am
be good wrote:
Valuing and supporting Torah and Torah learners.

why can't we value it without throwing a splash with private jets and limos. I thought there's were the true torah yingeleit that value simplicity...
meantime there is no money for school and 90 girls are crying in SHAME.
yes mr. sheiner can do as he pleases with his money but shame on the leaders to accept it when they know the truth of what's going

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 11:12 am
amother Milk wrote:
What was the event about? I don't get it. Was trying to figure it out from the ads.. but couldn't..

The point was to raise money. They invite all the big donors and potential big donors, put them up in front and then today or tomorrow they hold a parlor meeting. Last year they were very successful in raising a lot of money

keym

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 11:12 am
amother Poinsettia wrote:
why can't we value it without throwing a splash with private jets and limos. I thought there's were the true torah yingeleit that value simplicity...
meantime there is no money for school and 90 girls are crying in SHAME.
yes mr. sheiner can do as he pleases with his money but shame on the leaders to accept it when they know the truth of what's going

This was/is a big splash to fundraise for the Kollel Checks.
$1500 a month (or so) is woefully underpaid.
Sure the Roshei Yeshiva would prefer to just get the money. But the money comes with a big splash.
And R Malkiel announced last night another significant raise in the Kollel Checks.
The leaders know what's going on.
They have a financial responsibility to fundraise for the yungeleit, to get them close to a living wage. (Not that $2000/month is a living wage)

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 11:13 am
keym wrote:
This was/is a big splash to fundraise for the Kollel Checks.
$1500 a month (or so) is woefully underpaid.
Sure the Roshei Yeshiva would prefer to just get the money. But the money comes with a big splash.
And R Malkiel announced last night another significant raise in the Kollel Checks.
The leaders know what's going on.
They have a financial responsibility to fundraise for the yungeleit, to get them close to a living wage. (Not that $2000/month is a living wage)

Many in BMG arent accepting the raise bec then they'll be bumped off CHS and other programs

keym

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 11:15 am
amother Canary wrote:
Many in BMG arent accepting the raise bec then they'll be bumped off CHS and other programs

And just as many need the money desperately and are grateful for it

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 11:30 am
keym wrote:
And just as many need the money desperately and are grateful for it
This exactly. People who don't need the money shouldn't be accepting kollel checks. At the end of the day it's tzedakah money. If you don't need it, don't take.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 7:05 pm
Delete

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 7:29 pm
delete-

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 7:36 pm
amother Viola wrote:
I have no idea who you are talking about… I don’t know politics. Is this common knowledge around town?

Yes it's pretty well known around Lakewood. I decided to delete my post Bec the event happened already and my talking about it won't change anything so it's lh for no tachlis

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:17 pm
amother Canary wrote:
The point was to raise money. They invite all the big donors and potential big donors, put them up in front and then today or tomorrow they hold a parlor meeting. Last year they were very successful in raising a lot of money

That’s actually not true at all. The point was to create a bigger appreciation for the yungerleit which will in the future help with fundraising if the concept is raised up on a pedestal. The big donors are not at all put up front. As a matter of fact , the front and bottom seats are all the talmidim in BMG. The donors are not mentioned at all by name and they are not seated in any prominent areas and are not on the dais at all.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries