Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp BRC - what to bring
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 7:39 pm
amother White wrote:
Pretty good list!

Can I add? And others, this will help me big time as well.

Shower catty
Hooks
Toothbrush Cup
Cover Up
Slides / Natives

What’s this for and link please?

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 7:46 pm
boysrus wrote:
what is hardtail?
is it a clothing brand? or a type of material?

A clothing brand. Be happy you don't know what it is. Think $100 per denim skirt.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 8:20 pm
Yidishe Mamas wanting their daughters to fit in and have what they need. Im shepping nachas. Smile

amother
Sand

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 2:19 am
as a mother who was once a camper - I would definitely want my daughter to fit in in camp. My parents sent me to camp dressed as a complete weirdo compared to the girls in camp. I loved camp despite this but how I begged and pleaded for just one baby-o skirt for the summers following (dating myself here Smile ). and never did get it. (a 'biz' skirt that everyone had was not even on the radar). I would not want to do that to my daughter. I wouldn't go overboard, but for basics and affordable things I would do my best.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 5:07 am
amother Sand wrote:
as a mother who was once a camper - I would definitely want my daughter to fit in in camp. My parents sent me to camp dressed as a complete weirdo compared to the girls in camp. I loved camp despite this but how I begged and pleaded for just one baby-o skirt for the summers following (dating myself here Smile ). and never did get it. (a 'biz' skirt that everyone had was not even on the radar). I would not want to do that to my daughter. I wouldn't go overboard, but for basics and affordable things I would do my best.

The problem isn't the parents who don't buy the right stuff, it's the parents who raise kids to look down on anyone who doesn't dress in "the uniform."

The mean girls are running the show, and that's a massive educational failure of the community as a whole.

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 2:19 pm
my 8th grader is going to brc for first time and insisting that girls bring 5 sweatshirts?!?! can anyone confirm?

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 2:33 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
my 8th grader is going to brc for first time and insisting that girls bring 5 sweatshirts?!?! can anyone confirm?

2 zip up sweatshirts. They'll get a 3rd from the camp. Any more and she'll end up leaving them all over camp and you'll never see them again. Been there done that. If she has what she needs she'll make sure to keep them nearby, too many and when she realizes she left one in the shul she'll just take another and not go looking for the one she lost.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 6:40 am
I found some nice $10 skirts on junees website for anyone who still needs

Is there anything I need to know about linen and bedding? Is a pink heart print design ok or will everyone else have solid/dark colors?

If my daughter brings a clock, fan, etc are there outlets near the beds or needs to be battery?

Do the girls need any cash and if yes, for what?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:11 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
A clothing brand. Be happy you don't know what it is. Think $100 per denim skirt.

Forget the price. Is it normal to put your kid in a skirt that has a label that say "hardtail" on their rear end? Or am I the only one who thinks they're out of their minds?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 8:08 am
Are we going to get a camper handbook/ packing list?

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 8:28 am
What sneakers are the girls wearing this year (young high school age)

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 9:03 am
amother Crimson wrote:
What sneakers are the girls wearing this year (young high school age)

This has a whole discussion on it.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....08321

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 9:19 am
I was told girls had pumas last year.
Anyone know which styles?
Laces?
Thick sole? Doesn’t like “refined” but if that’s what all the girls are wearing…

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 12:47 pm
Is it true the girls all wear long black pleated skirts in the more yeshivish camps?

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:42 am
amother Crimson wrote:
Is it true the girls all wear long black pleated skirts in the more yeshivish camps?

Yes, it sounds odd, but the girls are bringing uniform skirts, although not exclusively. My daughter is taking 3 long regular skirts + 2 uniform skirts to camp.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:44 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
Yes, it sounds odd, but the girls are bringing uniform skirts, although not exclusively. My daughter is taking 3 long regular skirts + 2 uniform skirts to camp.
black or navy uniform skirts?

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:49 am
Where I live the uniform skirts are navy, so that is what my daughter is taking. I assume that if a girl's skirts are black, she will take those. They aren't buying new ones for camp but using their old ones (and if they get wrecked will buy new for school).

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 12:44 pm
I feel like the packing list never ends. there are so many unofficial things that they need.
Can anyone else who sent to BRC chime in and let us know the unofficial things that everyone brings?
(please dont reply- your daughter is unique and doesn't need to do what everyone else is doing. My daughter is very socially awkward and I want her to fit in as best as possible)
What did you forget to pack the first year?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 1:02 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
I feel like the packing list never ends. there are so many unofficial things that they need.
Can anyone else who sent to BRC chime in and let us know the unofficial things that everyone brings?
(please dont reply- your daughter is unique and doesn't need to do what everyone else is doing. My daughter is very socially awkward and I want her to fit in as best as possible)
What did you forget to pack the first year?

Thin hoodie
Cosmetic/ toiletry bag
Multi outlet/ extension (so they can plug all their things at once into 1 outlet)

Also, it says in the handbook that only garment bags and carry-on backpacks are allowed on or under the bus.
What is everyone doing with the absolutely necessary huge rubbermaid snack box?

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 2:49 pm
fanny pack
camp chair
mesh bag
slides
camera
batteries
nosh
stationary
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps