Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bas Mitzvah gift from a Lakewood girl

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:40 am
I have a cousin's bas mitzvah party (women and girls, in the home) coming up in a few weeks.

What's an appropriate gift? (I have no idea what her tastes or preferences are) I'm thinking of spending up to $75.

Online only.

Thank you!

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:08 am
Is she going to camp? If yes , camp chair, personalized overnight bag , personalized water bottle.

Or lululemon crossbody or water bottle

Can’t go wrong with personalized Siddur or tehillim

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:18 am
Jewelry
Watch
Siddur or tehillim
Anything with her name on it: duffel bag, Fanny pack, brush, water bottle, Cosmetic bag, crossbody bag
You can order from the namery or custom shop and pick up to save on shipping

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:19 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
Is she going to camp? If yes , camp chair, personalized overnight bag , personalized water bottle.

Or lululemon crossbody or water bottle

Can’t go wrong with personalized Siddur or tehillim

Thanks so much. (No idea if she's going to camp, but what's a camp chair?)

These gifts seem chintzy (cheap) for a cousin to give. I'm willing to spend a bit more. Any other ideas?

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:22 am
Are you from a wealthy family? In my circles $75 is a lot for a cousin's bas mitzvah.

Check out the namery, they have lots of stuff.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:27 am
amother Chicory wrote:
Are you from a wealthy family? In my circles $75 is a lot for a cousin's bas mitzvah.

Check out the namery, they have lots of stuff.

Wealthy? not at all. I don't live in the area so I obviously don't know what Lakewood norms are. But I'm going with my daughter, I have to give a respectable gift.

(I think my issue also is that it's hard for me to buy a gift for someone that I'd never want or use. Wah. But I posted because I know I should give her something she'll love and enjoy, regardless of me and my taste)

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:29 am
Girls often get lots of jewelry for a Bat Mitzvah. I like to give them a jewelry box.

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 10:51 am
amother OP wrote:

These gifts seem chintzy (cheap) for a cousin to give. I'm willing to spend a bit more. Any other ideas?

Like those foldable chairs, girls take it along to camp for the porch. Comes in diff colors and you can personalize. Maybe do a package of a few personalized things together. Check the custom shoppe or namery in Lakewood, both have websites

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 3:18 pm
My daughter who just had a bas mitzvah in lakewood loved the big fancy jewelry boxes, and the real necklaces ( as opposed to costume jewelry ) She would have also loved personalized luggage.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 3:18 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Like those foldable chairs, girls take it along to camp for the porch. Comes in diff colors and you can personalize. Maybe do a package of a few personalized things together. Check the custom shoppe or namery in Lakewood, both have websites

The chairs cost between 7-15 dollars

mommyhood

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 3:27 pm
amother OP wrote:

Camp chair I wouldn’t do but the others are very typical Aunt gifts. No one other than family is invited in Lakewood so that’s all that’s giving gifts.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 4:13 pm
mommyhood wrote:
Camp chair I wouldn’t do but the others are very typical Aunt gifts. No one other than family is invited in Lakewood so that’s all that’s giving gifts.

Not necessarily… my daughter had her classmates at her party as well as other friends.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 4:18 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Not necessarily… my daughter had her classmates at her party as well as other friends.

Classmates? I can’t imagine any school in Lakewood allows classmates. My daughter had cousins, neighbors, aunts

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 5:14 pm
Anything personalized .....75 will get you a wheelie, garment bag, bathrobe- might be enough for a towel sheet too.

You can chip in with other relatives for a bracelet or watch or set of personalized machzorim. My husband's side always does maxhzorim and my side does watch/jewelry. The girls love it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries