Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Want to share a summer house in Monsey?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:20 pm
I would love to go to monsey for the summer, myself with 3 young kids (husband staying home for work) however the quotes Im getting are a fortune. Is anyone in the same situation as me and would be interested in sharing a house (upstairs/downstairs) and split the rent? pls pm me

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:25 pm
That's a weird request, to want to share a house with a complete stranger off the internet....
Where will you be coming from? Can your husband travel in every day?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:27 pm
I’d love to do this but not with someone I don’t know who posted on the internet

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:35 pm
Also how exactly do you share a house? What do you mean upstairs/downstairs? Not all houses have bedrooms on every floor and most only have one kitchen

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:40 pm
Lol yup it’s def a wild idea I agree but obviously I would talk to them and meet them and their fam first to see if it’s the type on both ends.
And who knows maybe we’ll end up becoming good friends over the summer Very Happy

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:41 pm
Shabbos both husbands come and eat together in the dining room with a stranger off the internet? Please don’t do this. Sounds unsafe and very awkward.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:42 pm
hummingbird1 wrote:
Lol yup it’s def a wild idea I agree but obviously I would talk to them and meet them and their fam first to see if it’s the type on both ends.
And who knows maybe we’ll end up becoming good friends over the summer Very Happy

Doesn't seem like a smart idea.
Why can't your husband travel in to work? It's normal for men to travel to work every day.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:47 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
Doesn't seem like a smart idea.
Why can't your husband travel in to work? It's normal for men to travel to work every day.

She wants to share the rent as well. I recommend you find a family member or friend or at least a friend of a friend. Post on chats where you actually know the people. Don’t go with a stranger. It’s super creepy.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:03 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
She wants to share the rent as well. I recommend you find a family member or friend or at least a friend of a friend. Post on chats where you actually know the people. Don’t go with a stranger. It’s super creepy.

But she wants to go without her husband as well, which is just weird if the drive isn't a long drive.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:11 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
But she wants to go without her husband as well, which is just weird if the drive isn't a long drive.

It’s not weird for many people. Like those who go to the Catskills for the summer. Many men can’t handle traveling every day to and from work. They come for weekends. What’s really odd is to be comfortable meeting up with a stranger and share a house.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:11 pm
amother Caramel wrote:

nothing weird about that. It may be weird for your situation so you’re judging accordingly.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:13 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
It’s not weird for many people. Like those who go to the Catskills for the summer. Many men can’t handle traveling every day to and from work. They come for weekends. What’s really odd is to be comfortable meeting up with a stranger and share a house.

From the Catskills, it's usually a 2 hour per way to work for most people. From Monsey, it may be an hour or less. Big difference. Many, if not most men travel daily to work.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
nothing weird about that. It may be weird for your situation so you’re judging accordingly.

I asked you where he works, if it's a short drive, then yes, it's weird for your husband to stay behind.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:23 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
From the Catskills, it's usually a 2 hour per way to work for most people. From Monsey, it may be an hour or less. Big difference. Many, if not most men travel daily to work.

From monsey to BP can be close to 2 hours with traffic! For many men that’s hard to do twice a day. It’s really not unheard of that women go upstate alone and that includes monsey.

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:25 pm
There aren’t many houses available for rent in Monsey.
The market is really tight right now.

I doubt you’ll find something with 2 floors.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:32 pm
amother Birch wrote:
There aren’t many houses available for rent in Monsey.
The market is really tight right now.

I doubt you’ll find something with 2 floors.

There are rentals available just for the summer. Not for a regular move.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 10:01 pm
Maybe I'm naive or I'm just too OOT, but I don't think it's a crazy idea. Of course, both sides would have to speak and look into each other, like a shidduch Wink

I've also been half-heartedly looking for a Monsey rental for August (I have family in NJ, but the house is pretty small). Hoping to drive with my husband, who would go back for most of the time....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics