Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for good school and affordable housing

busymother

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 7:28 pm
Those are my main criteria. In usa. Please send all suggestions 🥰
Thank you!

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 7:30 pm
Whats a good school? Hashkafa? Whats tour price range for housing? What do you and/or dh do for a living?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 7:33 pm
Waterbury CT

busymother

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 7:37 pm
Good questions. Good school meaning they could deal with all types of kids (learning challenged, add, gifted... Rebbeim and teachers like working there.

Housing budget is between 4-500k

Does such a community exist?

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 8:14 pm
I heard Tampa FL is nice. Cheap housing and school vouchers…

Cressel

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 9:15 pm
busymother wrote:
Good questions. Good school meaning they could deal with all types of kids (learning challenged, add, gifted... Rebbeim and teachers like working there.

What I do is I go on https://www.zillow.com

I search the city I am considering. And then I see how much the houses are being sold for. It gives me a great idea of how expensive it is to live there.

Also, you can search on Zillow, doing a filtered search, for a house in a specific city and specific price range and it'll show you if there are houses going for that price in that city.

You can absolutely find a house for that price! As long as you spend some time searching various cities on Zillow

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 9:19 pm
busymother wrote:

The houses in Waterbury, CT are just 300k for 3 bedrooms! Looking on Zillow now. Not many 500k houses.

I don't live there, but I know from visiting there multiple times and having many friends there that they have a decent sized Jewish community and a great school for the children.

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 9:21 pm
Baltimore

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 9:57 pm
Cleveland and detroit possibly chicago too

mha3484

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 10:02 pm
School wise I am super happy in Chicago but 400-500 will get you a house that needs a fair amount of work.

lalababy123

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 10:06 pm
Detroit. Great school. Can get a nice house for 400k

busymother

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 10:35 pm
Cressel68 wrote:
What I do is I go on https://www.zillow.com

I search the city I am considering. And then I see how much the houses are being sold for. It gives me a great idea of how expensive it is to live there.

Also, you can search on Zillow, doing a filtered search, for a house in a specific city and specific price range and it'll show you if there are houses going for that price in that city.

You can absolutely find a house for that price! As long as you spend some time searching various cities on Zillow

You can’t really do this… I tried it for Baltimore once then sent to a real estate agent I know there. He said those houses are not at all in the community.

tichellady

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 10:38 pm
I hear the school in houston is great ( I think more modern orthodox) and I believe it's affordable.

Cressel

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:35 pm
busymother wrote:
You can’t really do this… I tried it for Baltimore once then sent to a real estate agent I know there. He said those houses are not at all in the community.

You would only just search to get an idea of what the prices are of the homes in that city, and ask a real estate person or friend who lives there to help you find a home in the frum community.

I wouldn't use to Zillow to find a house for sale, rather, I would use it to know what the price ranges tend to be a certain city.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:12 am
You should definitely check out Waterbury CT and a few people are looking to sell their homes in Blue Ridge - newer development with newer houses for about $450

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:14 am
chocolatecake wrote:
Cleveland and detroit possibly chicago too

Cleveland schools are bursting at the seams. Make sure they have enough room for your kids before you decide. But you can definitely find a decent house within that price range

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:57 am
busymother wrote:

YDT Cleveland due not meet the criteria for school.
Maybe HAC would. Maybe a HAC staff/mom will chime in in the morning

nicole81

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 5:02 am
Waterbury sound like a good fit and the school has amped up their supports like resource room, paras, etc, but they're not equipped to handle major special needs just fyi. Also, they are opening a boys HS for this coming year if that's relevant.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating