Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My husband finally allowed me to buy undershirt tzitzis
Previous  1  2

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:53 pm
OP, perhaps your little boys are complaining because the get the attitude from you that it's hot and uncomfortable?? I don't think my little boys even know that undershirt tzitzis exists.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:56 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
OP, perhaps your little boys are completely because the get the attitude from you that it's hot and uncomfortable?? I don't think my little boys even know that undershirt tzitzis exists.

They wear three layers in the summer?

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:58 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:

I don't call tzitzis a layer. Never heard any complaints from my boys. It never came up. I don't think a little boy would say "I'm hot because of my tzitzis" , they must be picking up this attitude from somewhere.
It's the summer, it's hot, an undershirt tzitzis won't make them less hot and sweaty.

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 1:02 pm

YES

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 1:13 pm
Mesh tzitzis has been a game changer for dh and my teen boys. They love it. And I don't have to wash it daily like an undershirt. They say that they barely feel like they are wearing anything.

mfb

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 1:15 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Mesh tzitzis has been a game changer for dh and my teen boys. They love it. And I don't have to wash it daily like an undershirt. They say that they barely feel like they are wearing anything.

Mesh is not the same as undershirt ones.
Ds ended up getting mesh when we were told no to the undershirt ones

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:16 pm
I found they ran bigger than regular tzitzis.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:22 pm
BatZion wrote:
I'm pretty sure OP was asking for sizing advice and not for questions regarding her preferences for her children's tzitzit...

Then she could have just written, what size undershirt tzitzis should I buy for my son? By writing out this whole story about her husband, she's kind of asking for commentary on that part too.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:25 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
Then she could have just written, what size undershirt tzitzis should I buy for my son? By writing out this whole story about her husband, she's kind of asking for commentary on that part too.

I took the commentary as an explanation as to why she's asking about tzitzis size for her older children.

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:36 pm
Ask the salespeople in the store. They usually know how the products run.

One of my kids wore them for years over his vest (undershirt) since the regular ones bothered him. At age 10 he asked me to buy him the regular ones...

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:03 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
Why is this so important to you? Yes as your husband has said the beged shouldn't touch one's body. So what will happen if you teach your children that and they wear an undershirt with tzizis on top???

Because the boys will be more uncomfortable. I hate when people are frum on their kids chesbon Crying

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:04 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:

YES

Poor kids!

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 11:41 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
Poor kids!
rich kids

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 11:47 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
Because the boys will be more uncomfortable. I hate when people are frum on their kids chesbon Crying

Why are you so sure that the boys will be more uncomfortable?
If this is your attitude towards wearing tzitzis, then yes, your boys will be uncomfortable because that's how you're training them.
Never have my boys or DH complained about wearing tzitzis, it never came up in discussion.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 11:55 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
If you would know and believe that Tzitzis is a safeguard you wouldn’t even have to say anything to your kids and you would convey the special privilege and pride in wearing it.

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 12:08 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
How do you wash them so the strings don’t get ruined?
My son’s have pockets that the strings can go into, but won’t they fall right out in the wash?

You need to tie it into a white sock/tights/knee high.
You put your hand with the strings into the sock, pull your fingers out, and make a slip not with the strings and socks.

They sell this, put I don't love it. It is probably cheaper in the local stores.

https://www.amazon.com/Magen-T.....psc=1
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics