Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Does your healthy weight change with age?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:07 am
For most of my 20s and 30s, I naturally and easily maintained a weight of 118 lbs between pregnancies etc. I have a petite figure so I was a size 4 at that weight, not very thin, just slim
Now at 40 I seem to be stuck at 126 lbs. I'm trying to do low carb, IF, exercise, and I just can't seem to lose these few lbs. If I go lower it doesn't last. If I gain I can easily lose it until 126.

I'm wondering if my healthy weight has increased and I'm not losing anymore because my body doesn't want to, and I should just accept my figure as is. These extra lbs sit on my stomach only so it ruins my figure and I don't like it. But I do want to be healthy first and foremost.

Does your healthy weight change as you age?

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:30 am
A few questions:

Are you under 45 or over?

Are you doing IF all month long, and are you using the same fasting window all month?

Are you taking your vitamins and eating plenty of protien, veggies, and healthy fats?

This will help me answer your question.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:42 am
The short answer is yes. Women who weigh the same in their 40s as they did in their 20s are almost always starving themselves. Metabolism slows with age. That doesn't mean you need to get fat, only that it's unrealistic to expect exactly the same weight.

Also, as some actress said, at some point, a woman's got to choose between her face and her a**. When you're too skinny, your face gets drawn, pinched and wrinkled.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 7:45 pm
yes and no. the average weight gain is 2 lbs a year.

I also could not lose the menopause weight ... started gaining in my later 40s and could only keep the weight off by subbing fruit for meals. fast forward a few years and I'm diabetic.

had to completely change my eating and you know what? I weigh less than I did when I had little kids at home, when I was in my early 20s!

just goes to show you that it can be done, and without walking around hungry either

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 8:06 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
yes and no. the average weight gain is 2 lbs a year.

I also could not lose the menopause weight ... started gaining in my later 40s and could only keep the weight off by subbing fruit for meals. fast forward a few years and I'm diabetic.

had to completely change my eating and you know what? I weigh less than I did when I had little kids at home, when I was in my early 20s!

just goes to show you that it can be done, and without walking around hungry either

Could you tell us how you completely changed your eating? What do you eat now? Thanks!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:26 pm
Cut out most sugar and carbs. Despite the fact that I was eating healthfully and exercising all along, the weight just dropped off like never before.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:38 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
A few questions:

Are you under 45 or over?

Are you doing IF all month long, and are you using the same fasting window all month?

Are you taking your vitamins and eating plenty of protien, veggies, and healthy fats?

This will help me answer your question.

Under 45. Doing 16/8 fasting but only started that recently. Yes I eat very healthy low carb with very little processed foods.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:54 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Cut out most sugar and carbs. Despite the fact that I was eating healthfully and exercising all along, the weight just dropped off like never before.

I don't eat sugar or carbs. There's very little to tweak in my diet, it's very healthy low carb.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't eat sugar or carbs. There's very little to tweak in my diet, it's very healthy low carb.

you would be amazed what has carbs in it. bananas have carbs. so do apples and cabbage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise