Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Smoke in monsey (and all over NY/NJ) and smell of fire
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 29  30  31  Next

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:51 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Shoots, I just realized my son has a trip to Niagara tomorrow….what’s going to be?

That's west, like on the way to Toronto. Different direction.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:53 pm
amother Quince wrote:
French or from quebec?

The smell is not so bad in Montreal, but I saw some ash falling.

Mistake. 200 from France and the US

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:54 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It reached BP. There's smog and smell of fire. I can hardly believe how far away it is, with what we're feeling here.

I’m in Flatbush. We were saying over the last hour how dark it got and the smell too

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:55 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I know. I’m just wondering how far out this poor air quality stretches. Is it only south, or west as well?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:59 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I drove from the east coast westwards yesterday and there definitely was haze. This was further south than the state of NY for whatever it's worth

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:02 pm
amf wrote:
This is the strawberry moon, completely unrelated to the fire. It happens annually

Thanks! I thought it was one of the annual special ones but trusted my teenage son's yeshiva hock that it was from the fires 😂
It's really cool and I appreciate it not being from a disaster!

Thank you for the clarification!

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:18 pm
I live in Brooklyn and don’t believe it’s from the wildfires. I believe the were being played by the government

Cue the 🍿

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:19 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
I live in Brooklyn and don’t believe it’s from the wildfires. I believe the were being played by the government

Cue the 🍿

🙄 for what purpose? Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re all a bunch of liars and cheaters, but what’s the gain?

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:23 pm
I heard that it's not good for "pregnant people" to be exposed.

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:27 pm
amf wrote:
This is the strawberry moon, completely unrelated to the fire. It happens annually

The full moons, which by us always happen on the 15th of the month but on the secular calendar happen usually once a month, sometimes (somewhat rarely) twice a month, have a different name each month. January is the Wolf Moon, February is the Snow Moon, and you can do a search to find the rest because that’s all I remember. June’s full moon is called the Strawberry Moon because this is the strawberry harvest month. June’s full moon doesn’t look pinker than any other full moon. The reddish color now is because of the smoke in the air. Volcanic eruptions that fill the air with ash also create spectacular sunsets even many miles from the volcano.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:27 pm
I live in Westchester and work in Manhattan. My whole ride home tonight was hazy and smokey. My eyes are itching as well. The air is very dense. Also noticed a fiery orange sun this morning, but did not attribute it to the haze. Sorry for the Canadians, since it must be considerably worse there.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:31 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
I heard that it's not good for "pregnant people" to be exposed.

It’s not good for anyone.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:31 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I know. I’m just wondering how far out this poor air quality stretches. Is it only south, or west as well?

My relative in Toronto said they feel just a bit not much.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:32 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:

Cue the 🍿

I think the same! Idk if we’re being played by the government specifically. I think it might be from the same folks that predicted many disasters recently that happened….

Anyone know when it will be over?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:35 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I drove from the east coast westwards yesterday and there definitely was haze. This was further south than the state of NY for whatever it's worth

Oh boy. May Hashem send his shaliachim to get this fire under control quickly!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:36 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
🙄 for what purpose? Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re all a bunch of liars and cheaters, but what’s the gain?

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:12 pm
amother Aqua wrote:

Trying to change the climate. Search bill gates conspiracy. Covering up something bigger like they tried to cover up how bad the train crash few months ago. Dunno so many many things that were conspiracies have been proven to be true. Bh we have the Torah to guide us

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:13 pm
Honestly it smells a lot better than the constant brooklyn marijuana stench. I'm enjoying the change.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:14 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Honestly it smells a lot better than the constant brooklyn marijuana stench. I'm enjoying the change.

It’s unhealthy to breathe in smoke though.

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
It’s unhealthy to breathe in smoke though.

Yeah but at least it smells like nature instead of skunk. Health isn't exactly one of the choices here.
Page 4 of 31   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries