Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
10yr old ds & friends playing with e-cigs wwyd

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:32 pm
Hate to be the tattletale partypooper mother but at what point do I interfere or turn a blind eye. Ds and friends found ecig and they're playing around with it, passing it around and taking puffs.

Up until what point do I let kids be kids and when do I interfere. I explained to him my concerns
Possible Drugs
Germs from sharing
Addiction

I tried to keep cool and not react extreme so that he can continue to share without being afraid of my reaction
Wwyd?

Java

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:33 pm
How is this even a question. Stop posting on imamother and take away the cancer stick

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:34 pm
Wth???? Stop it now!

ftm1234

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:34 pm
How exactly do 10 year olds get their hands on e cigs?! And def stop it right now!

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:36 pm
I would take it and get rid of it. I don't care whose it is, if it's in the hands of 10 year olds it's in the trash.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:05 pm
Why would you turn a blind eye?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:12 pm
Is this a joke? You’re talking about a 10 year old; not a teenager for heaven’s sake. How do you even have a question?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:22 pm
The first thing I would do is educate yourself about what these things are. Become as knowledgeable as possible, and do it quickly.

The next thing is to treat it the same way you would if you found out he was playing with matches, trying to burn things in your backyard because it's fun. How would you respond?

No need to yell and scream at him. But if you feel it's a true safety issue (and after educating yourself about it, you will), that can ruin his life in the future, you will convey that and react accordingly.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:24 pm
I would take it right now and call every mother. Then I wound show him the lungs of people who used it. Explain what cancer and death are.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children