Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Where to go to evaluate child, possible ASD or other... Lkwd

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:37 am
Child is 9 yrs old, in special program. Possible asd high functioning, maybe with some adhd. also anxiety. a lot of rigidity, black and white thinking, obsessed with some topics...some mild learning issues.

Need a very good diagnostician.

Lakewood area.

any recommendations?

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:42 am
I went to a developmental ped in Long Branch. His name is Dr Ruder. (732) 229-8285 We also had a video evaluation with Nemours.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:44 am
For neuropsych eval I've been recommended Dr Leah dembitzer in Lakewood or Dr Malky Zacharowitz in cedarhurst. Both have wait times though

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 9:46 am
For neuropsych eval I've been recommended Dr Leah dembitzer in Lakewood or Dr Malky Zacharowitz in cedarhurst. Both have wait times though

yenta devashaes

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:05 pm
I have a 11 year old with same description I went to Dr ruder also was very happy also if you use chemed Dr Lerner could also give it

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Child is 9 yrs old, in special program. Possible asd high functioning, maybe with some adhd. also anxiety. a lot of rigidity, black and white thinking, obsessed with some topics...some mild learning issues.

Need a very good diagnostician.

Lakewood area.

any recommendations?

Normally a very good diagnostician would be a real need for a complex set of symptoms, but these together sound rather straightforward**. Since you’re noting the obsession with some topics (along with the other symptoms), I assume you’re familiar with Aspergers. Though now it’s all just lumped under asd, which I think makes things harder.

**I don’t mean to make light of this in any way; we have lots of diagnoses in my family, and even each one on its own is anything but simple.

Hatzlocha

otstud

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 12:01 pm
I’ve heard great things about Dr. shmuel mandelman, that he’s a top diagnostician, and doesn’t do a huge battery of tests. He speaks to the parents and the child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)