Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help planing trip to New Hampshire
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 9:05 am
amother Cyan wrote:
How do people work out staying in an Airbnb like the village of Loon on shabbos? Most of the properties have smart locks. What is the solution?

It's been several years since we were there for Shabbos. I believe that we had a physical key to our unit. Otherwise, many properties have a side door or back sliding door that can be left unlocked.

I also usually don't go too far from our rental on Shabbos, so as long as I'm home (or someone else), everyone else can go to shul and I open up when they return. Worst case, you can take afternoon walks in shifts, though we've never had to do that.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 9:09 am
amother Cyan wrote:
doctorima- I might be staying in days inn cottage… I know it’s not fancy but do you think I’m making a mistake? I just thought it would be easier for minyanim, location and the pool..
Please be honest

I never ended up staying there, as the reviews scared DH. The advantages for minyan and the pool are definitely convenient. It depends on who's in your group and their expectations, plus your budget. If you go in knowing that it will probably be outdated rustic accommodations but decide that's worth it for you, you should be okay. If anyone in your group is going to be upset by a smell, bugs, a worn-out room, then you may want to reconsider.

You can check reviews here, and enter cottage in the search bar to specifically read about those:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Ho......html

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 9:18 am
doctorima wrote:
I never ended up staying there, as the reviews scared DH. The advantages for minyan and the pool are definitely convenient. It depends on who's in your group and their expectations, plus your budget. If you go in knowing that it will probably be outdated rustic accommodations but decide that's worth it for you, you should be okay. If anyone in your group is going to be upset by a smell, bugs, a worn-out room, then you may want to reconsider.

You can check reviews here, and enter cottage in the search bar to specifically read about those:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Ho......html

Thanks
Yes, I saw those reviews…
But I did hear from frum people that during august it’s pretty full of frum families so I have in mind that it will be more of a bungalow style stay and not a beautiful Airbnb.
I cannot handle mice though. I would be out of there in a second if I would see that.
I’m hoping that being in a happening place with other frum families will make it more fun for us.
There are times we’ve stayed at nice airbnbs and my kids were bored when we didn’t take them out. I think I might be able to avoid that if we stay in a place with lots of frum people. Also since we were never in New Hampshire we can get ideas from other families of things to do.
Again, if accommodations are really disgusting, I’d rather not be there. As of now I booked a cottage but there’s free cancellation up to 48 hours before.

smile1818

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 9:23 am
How come I don’t see available cottages on the days inn website?
Did anyone ever stay at the fox ridge resort in North Conway?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 9:26 am
smile1818 wrote:
How come I don’t see available cottages on the days inn website?
Did anyone ever stay at the fox ridge resort in North Conway?

I think I just booked the last one 😐
Call them- maybe they’ll have something
+1 (603) 728-1071

smile1818

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 9:45 am
Ok so I’m seeing cottages now but they’re not big. They don’t have extra beds for kids and still only a mini fridge.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 9:48 am
smile1818 wrote:
Ok so I’m seeing cottages now but they’re not big. They don’t have extra beds for kids and still only a mini fridge.

There’s 1,2 and 3 bedroom cottages.
I think the 3 bedroom is big.
It has a kitchen area.

smile1818

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 12:29 pm
Are there any restaurants to stop at on the drive from Brooklyn to New Hampshire? (Like halfway to breakup the trip)

smile1818

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 4:57 pm
Any Jewish activity in North Conway?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 2:51 pm
bumping this up....

I would like to find something on the way to break up the long drive.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 3:20 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
bumping this up....

I would like to find something on the way to break up the long drive.

It depends where you're coming from and what route you take. In the past we've stopped in Springfield, MA where the cute Dr. Seuss Sculpture Garden is right off the highway - a perfect spot to eat and for the kids to stretch and enjoy the sculptures. I believe it's since been expanded and now offers an indoor museum as well.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Jul 03 2023, 1:52 pm
Which condos are the nicest? Loon mountain ? Or a nice hotel? Thanks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 12:52 pm
So this is my itinerary. Will have 3 full days to do things:

Storyland
Mount Washington
Cannon mountain tramway
Lost river gorge
Clarks bears

Will try to do 3 short hikes
Sabbaday falls
Echo lake circle
Glen Ellis falls

Any must adds?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 1:00 pm
If anyone is staying over shabbos, please tell me which place works out for a minyan and issues of lights/cameras/alarms in Airbnbs.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 1:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
So this is my itinerary. Will have 3 full days to do things:

Storyland
Mount Washington
Cannon mountain tramway
Lost river gorge
Clarks bears

Will try to do 3 short hikes
Sabbaday falls
Echo lake circle
Glen Ellis falls

Any must adds?

I personally liked the tramway up Loon Mountain better than the one on Cannon, because there are a handful of activities on top of Loon Mt., notably caves to wiggle through (similar to Lost River Gorge). The paddleboat rentals on Lonesome Lake (? - think that's the right name) are lots of fun.

The Basin is another nice short hike. I preferred Diana's Baths over Echo Lake. Ripley Falls is another nice short waterfall hike. And Mt. Willard is the best bang for the buck hike in the area - about 1.25 miles up, but the views are amazing and so worth it if your kids can make it up.

Enjoy, it's beautiful up there!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 3:23 pm
Thanks! I was debating between loon and cannon. Reviews online say the views from cannon are more spectacular

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 8:11 am
Any indoor backup activities to do there if it were to rain?

imasinger

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 8:25 am
Last year when it rained, we took our grandkids to the local library. They had a great time!

doctorima

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 10:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Any indoor backup activities to do there if it were to rain?

https://www.funspotnh.com/
https://www.castleintheclouds.org/

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 10:59 pm
Did anyone ever do the white water rafting at Northwoods?
We are going with adult kids anything else fun to do?
Also, is Forest Ridge condos nice?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics