Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Communication delay UPDATE
Previous  1  2  3

imaima

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 5:00 pm
You are doing everything right!
It will stick

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 5:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just had the evaluation and she was approved but for very minimal services (once very other week)

Planning to get her hearing tested. I asked the evaluators and they didn't think it was necessary since she does respond to sounds but they said I can if I want to rule it out.

Any audiologists recommended in Lakewood area?

Dr Sarah Kader in old bridge is great! She is used by many with hearing concerns in Lakewood. There are others who are more local but her expertise is superior

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 5:16 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Ask her a question and wait for a response: a point, a head shake, something. You want red cup or blue cup?
Surrounding her with words is fantastic and now she needs to communicate back.

Thanks. She doesn't communicate back though.. I guess pause and then give her an answer?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 5:01 pm
Updating thread again.

It turned out that she did have hearing loss due to fluid. After trying to reduce fluid with flonase which didn't work, she ended up getting tubes about 2 months ago. Bh the difference is amazing. She starting bouncing and clapping to music which she had never cared about and repeating sounds. She is now 19 months and has about 5 words which is still delayed but she is catching up (and she ended up getting EI once a week which is hopefully helping too)

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 10:08 pm
Thank you for the update… I love reading about happy conclusions!

You’re really an amazing mother, trusting your intuition and pushing for more tests even when the professionals said it wasn’t necessary. I’m sure her language will start to explode, now that you fixed the underlying problem!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics