Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
Holidays in the UK
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 2:26 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Just saw an advert in advertiser for family camp in shropshire

0161 773 8229
Ffhfamilycamp@gmail.com

There is also one advertised in Scotland. Ecksteins family camp. 0161 740 6978 (after 3pm)

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 2:27 pm
Yup thats the one I wrote above

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 2:29 pm
is there a link to the advertiser?

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 2:31 pm
No its a paper booklet that gets delivered and no other contact details in that advert

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 5:47 pm
All these family camps listed are self cater. That means you need to take with food, appliances...
Not sure how you can do that coming from NYC

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 6:26 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
All these family camps listed are self cater. That means you need to take with food, appliances...
Not sure how you can do that coming from NYC

She wrote earlier that she lives on the continent and so thats Europe so easier to transport stuff nearby but it may be harder to go self catering then I suppose. Only option then is rent someones house in city or hotel

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
is there a link to the advertiser?

You can see the past issues of three main SH advertisers on their sites linked below.

https://themidweek.co.uk/issues/

https://www.thenewsupdate.co.uk/

https://linkitlondon.com/index.....sues/

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 5:41 am
so, I was told that in the UK you can find almost everything foodwise, except meat and dairy, in a regular store like
tesco or salisbury. Is that true?
I mean things from the kosher list.

thanks!!!

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 5:50 am
amother OP wrote:
so, I was told that in the UK you can find almost everything foodwise, except meat and dairy, in a regular store like

thanks!!!

Depends what you mean by everything!

In the shops in the central Jewish areas there is more of a variety but in a tesco out in the country you won't find a kosher isle.

You can get breakfast cereals like Kelloggs everywhere, tinned veg, fresh fruit and veg, flour, sugar, possibly eggs - many people prefer to buy from a Jewish shop, you won't easily find kosher snacks in these shops unless you eat the generic brands which are on the list without a hechsher.

You won't find bread.

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 5:53 am
amother OP wrote:

thanks!!!

No, not really! What type of food are you referring to?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 6:06 am
amother Lily wrote:

In the shops in the central Jewish areas there is more of a variety but in a tesco out in the country you won't find a kosher isle.

You can get breakfast cereals like Kelloggs everywhere, tinned veg, fresh fruit and veg, flour, sugar, possibly eggs - many people prefer to buy from a Jewish shop, you won't easily find kosher snacks in these shops unless you eat the generic brands which are on the list without a hechsher.

You won't find bread.

Yes, these types of food. Is there plant-based milk?
Is there pas palter on the list?

Thanks everyone for alle the infos!!

Busybee5

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 6:06 am
amother Lily wrote:

You won't find bread.

You can get a lot. Jacobs crackers, caars crackers (only some type, you need to check) we eat walkers crisps and kettle chips, we get bread with an ska hechsher when on holiday which can be found in any larger supermarket
Cereals
Soya milk etc
Pasta, rice
Obviously fruit and veg and some tinned fruit and veg.
Probably tons more when I remember.

Busybee5

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 6:08 am
amother Olive wrote:
You can get a lot. Jacobs crackers, caars crackers (only some type, you need to check) we eat walkers crisps and kettle chips, we get bread with an ska hechsher when on holiday which can be found in any larger supermarket
Cereals
Soya milk etc
Pasta, rice
Obviously fruit and veg and some tinned fruit and veg.
Probably tons more when I remember.

Oh proper corn pop corn!

We make the big order including household stuff, silver foil, tissues, toilet paper etc before we leave to have it arrive in the holiday house the evening we arrive!

Busybee5

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 6:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes, these types of food. Is there plant-based milk?
Is there pas palter on the list?

Thanks everyone for alle the infos!!

Course you get alpro soya milk, oh you can also get the soya puddings by alprose. You get rice milk, oat milk.
And yes to bread with a hechsher! But not everyone eats it.

A few types of ice lollies...
You can really live off the food from supermarket if you have to! I take spreads from home for the bread/lunches. And I cook proper meals for supper

You need to make sure your holiday house has a decent size freezer.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 6:31 am
I wouldn't rely on that. Not all stores have a kosher aisle.
If you are in a non-kosher store its good to have this app. Lots of items doesn't have a hechsher but ar listed as kosher on this list. of Kosher London Beis Din
https://isitkosher.uk/

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 8:18 am
https://koshercity.co/

This is manchester based store that normally do delivery to all holiday locations. Just call them to double check they are doing again this year as they've not advertised about it yet.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 9:07 am
also used https://www.sabeny.com/ They deliver all over I think.

Busybee5

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 9:26 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:
I wouldn't rely on that. Not all stores have a kosher aisle.
If you are in a non-kosher store its good to have this app. Lots of items doesn't have a hechsher but ar listed as kosher on this list. of Kosher London Beis Din
https://isitkosher.uk/

You don't need a kosher isle.. You can get loads of food from supermarkets
You need to take grape juice etc obviously

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 10:35 am
Busybee5 wrote:
You don't need a kosher isle.. You can get loads of food from supermarkets
You need to take grape juice etc obviously

thats why I use the app. Because items listed on the app are not "kosher" as in it doesnt have a hechsher but is still kosher

Busybee5

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 10:56 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:
thats why I use the app. Because items listed on the app are not "kosher" as in it doesnt have a hechsher but is still kosher

Exactly!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries