Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What do you feed them for breakfast??
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 8:49 am
Today is the first day they're eating cereal (and assorted berries) and I feel like such a bad mom (We have an appointment in a few)
Usually I make them banana pancakes, yogurt parfait, eggs, avocado toast, French toast, toasted bagels with cream cheese/cheese/butter, healthy smoothies, or waffles.

ETA: not school aged yet

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 8:50 am
Grilled cheese
Fruit and yogurt (and toppings!)
Cereal

Balabroomstick

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 9:09 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
Today is the first day they're eating cereal (and assorted berries) and I feel like such a bad mom (We have an appointment in a few)
Usually I make them banana pancakes, yogurt parfait, eggs, avocado toast, French toast, toasted bagels with cream cheese/cheese/butter, healthy smoothies, or waffles.

ETA: not school aged yet

I was going to say how do you have time for all that?!? Haha sounds great I’m coming over!

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 9:09 am
Everyone makes real food? My kids just have cereal.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 9:11 am
Usually twice a week cereal, once a week oatmeal, another day pancakes with scrambled egg, another day store bought pancakes with yogurt. I freeze pancakes in advance, scramble eggs the night b4, cook oatmeal the night b4 and pour cereal bowls the night b4

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 9:16 am
Cereal and milk
Frozen pancakes/waffles
Kind bars
Grilled cheese

Rachel Gefen

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 9:20 am
How do you manage to make 3 meals each day? In Israel there is no breakfast, they drink milk or coffee and a couple cookies, take a sandwich to school for breakfast and eat a cooked lunch at home(depends when they finish school, 1-2 oclock.)

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 9:24 am
My kids have cereal and milk. How do you have time to make a fancy breakfast? I’m very impressed.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:17 am
My kids the leave early, like to take breakfast with them. So they usually take a greek yogurt acai smoothie, or a cream cheese bagel sandwich.
The younger kids that leave later have time for a normal breakfast like grilled cheese, French toast...
Sometimes they eat just a banana or yogurt because they're not in the mood of something more substantial. My son eats a plain mini bagel every day...

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:19 am
Granola bars, apple sauce, cereal

justforfun87

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:21 am
Weird....my house must be the only one flying in the morning as we all have to run off to work/school. I am happy when they eat the cereal.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:36 am
justforfun87 wrote:
Weird....my house must be the only one flying in the morning as we all have to run off to work/school. I am happy when they eat the cereal.

Unfortunately we wake up way too early in this house so sitting them down with breakfast is the only way I can get 10 min of quiet to eat my breakfast

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:37 am
justforfun87 wrote:

We wake up early enough. I can't focus without eating breakfast, I cannot send my kids off to school without something nutritious for breakfast.

mizle10

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:41 am
amother Peru wrote:
We wake up early enough. I can't focus without eating breakfast, I cannot send my kids off to school without something nutritious for breakfast.

How early do your kids leave?

Busybee5

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:42 am
A variety of cereals to chose from with milk!

My kids get up at about 7.45/8 and leave 8.35 so they're not even that interested in eating first thing in the morning always. I send plenty snacks with them, and some have a hot nutritious lunch in school or I make them sandwiches. They always have a fruit or fruit snack too.
Mornings are busy enough without also cooking!

Last edited by Busybee5 on Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

watergirl

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:44 am
justforfun87 wrote:

Same. Also, even when my kids to wake up early enough, nobody has an appetite first thing in the morning. Maaaaaybe somebody will eat cereal. Another one of my kids has a hot breakfast drink when it’s cold outside (he won’t drink it cold).

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:44 am
My older son eats breakfast at school.

The little ones get one of the choices below
Eggs and toast
Cream cheese and toast
Oatmeal
Cereal
Smoothie
Pizza grilled cheese

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:47 am
Rachel Gefen wrote:
How do you manage to make 3 meals each day? In Israel there is no breakfast, they drink milk or coffee and a couple cookies, take a sandwich to school for breakfast and eat a cooked lunch at home(depends when they finish school, 1-2 oclock.)

My 2 year old is given breakfast before he leaves (if he will agree to eat it)
They only eat their bread at about 9.45am and will be hungry until then otherwise

amother
Peru

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 9:57 am
mizle10 wrote:
How early do your kids leave?

The earliest is 8:00, latest 9:00. I get up 7:15 ish (when my toddler doesn't wake me earlier.) I prep whatever I can the night before.
They also sometimes like to take wirh them oatmeal in a hot cup.

sweet

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 10:05 am
Generally I try to stick with this schedule,

Mon, to start the week off right, I do hot cereal, usually farina- kids favorite, if Im late to wake up then oatmeal.
Tues- sandwich maker
Wed- scrambled eggs with bread
Thurs- toast and / or yogurt with granola
Friday, I let them eat cereal. They love cereal..
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children