Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Anyone send to eis laasois bp?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 9:08 pm
Are you happy there?
Do you find the teachers and therapists good?
How’s the communication between staff and parents?
My child has slight behavioral and large speech delay. Wondering if it’s the right school for him

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 10:40 pm
Following

Just One

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 11:08 pm
My son is currently in the program. We put him into the program because of some speech delays and sensory processing issues. It wasn't an easy decision but it's the best one I've made as a parent. The program is wonderful with therapists, morahs and director work together as a team to treat all aspects of my child's social, emotional, and educational needs.
The therapeutic resources are great. Fantastic OT gym, great PT equipment, music and animal therapy, and well trained and supported teaching staff.
I honestly wish all of my kids could have a preschool experience of this quality.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 2:56 pm
I’m wondering what the difference is between them and yeled v yalda

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 2:57 pm
Just One wrote:
My son is currently in the program. We put him into the program because of some speech delays and sensory processing issues. It wasn't an easy decision but it's the best one I've made as a parent. The program is wonderful with therapists, morahs and director work together as a team to treat all aspects of my child's social, emotional, and educational needs.
The therapeutic resources are great. Fantastic OT gym, great PT equipment, music and animal therapy, and well trained and supported teaching staff.
I honestly wish all of my kids could have a preschool experience of this quality.

Do you find there are a lot of heavy special needs kids in the classes? My child has similar issues as yours and debating between yeled and eis laasois

Just One

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 2:59 pm
We interviewed at both. I didn't feel that Yeled had the collaborative approach that I was looking for. There's something very powerful about all of the therapists and classroom staff working as a team with each supporting and enabling each others progress. Yeled was not able to offer that.

Just One

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 3:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you find there are a lot of heavy special needs kids in the classes? My child has similar issues as yours and debating between yeled and eis laasois

No. They split the kids up by level of functioning. My son is in a class with mainstream kids who need extra support.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 3:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

Eis Laasos classes are split accordingly. There are classes that the kids are basically mainstream but just need some therapy.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 3:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m wondering what the difference is between them and yeled v yalda

Yeled is a headstart. It's not a school for the delayed kids.

ETA: Yes, they have services. But the regulars.
(Former Yeled employee)

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 3:19 pm
Until what age does this program go until do they have pre1a and 1st grade or is it just preschool

Just One

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 3:40 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Until what age does this program go until do they have pre1a and 1st grade or is it just preschool

The main program is a two year preschool. They have a separate newer program for elementary age kids but that is only for kids with more serious developmental delays.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 8:37 pm
Tx for answering my questions!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics