Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double side by side

Which stroller is better?
Valco baby snap duo  
 50%  [ 9 ]
Mountain buggy duet  
 50%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 10:48 am
Help me pick between 2 of these strollers. Which is the best option and why?

bsy

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 10:51 am
Mountain buggy is probably narrower and better push. Valco is lighter

hiitsme

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:05 am
Depends what your needs are. I bought the MB because I needed it to be as narrow as possible, wanted a good push and heard the quality is great (a friend of mine has (ab)used hers for 6 years and it was still in great condition). I'm really happy with my choice now 2 years later.

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:54 am
Mountain buggy is so heavy and a klutzy
I never used velcro. The mountain buggy being narrow bothered me more than I thought. It was hard to turn when the kids When inside than a wheel popped and I needed to blow it up. It has a very heavy frame. I also used other doubles. Baby jogger and baby monster both are excellent easier to clean, rides smooth...

scintilla

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:59 am
People are very happy with both. What's your priorities? I hate squishing into places (hello, Brooklyn stores) and it's unbelievable how the mountain buggy can squeeze into narrow aisles, turn in tight places, etc. My friend's valco didn't fit through my apartment door! I think you can't go wrong with either (though maybe measure your front door if you don't want to leave it outside).

cookier

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 12:18 pm
It depends a lot on what your needs are. Both are good strollers that will last a while. The valco is a full-size double, so it won’t fit the same kind of places the MB will. On the flip side, the valco is a more portable option weight wise, but you lose the suspension - the Mountain buggy has a pretty heavy duty frame and is as all-terrain as you can get without going to a jogger. So if you’ll be taking it into parks or beaches, valco isn’t a good option .

You’ll get longer use out of the valco though - The seats are huge. The mountain buggy has pretty short seats that are obviously narrower. Lots of people in my town let their 6-8yr olds hop in the valco, but you can’t do that with the MB.

I’d say if you’re not specifically looking for a narrow SBS and something that can handle off-road, the snap duo will be a better all-around. If you want something a little narrower, the slim twin sport is a good middle ground.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:13 pm
It looks like valco is winning the poll. My needs. So I walk a lot. Shop too. I looked at the valco baby reviews and they say the front wheels snap off. Do they offer replacement or do I just buy a whole new set of wheels. They have the infinity wheels which give it better suspension which is a main but I’m wondering if it’s worth it in the long run. I am also looking for a small fold to fit inside the hallway and while I am on that subject is there a cover where I can get so it will protect the stroller from the weather in case I’m not allowed to have it inside? How would you keep it clean

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:11 pm
I never tried the valco but I loved my mountain buggy duet. It was amazing. We didn't have a car at that point and I was walking everywhere. It has an amazing push, with a great turning circle and it was so easy to push around, even in narrow stores and our narrow hallway. The air wheels make it a comfortable ride, plus easy to ride over rough terrain. I used to be able to load all my shopping in the great sized basket. And I could still fit my 5yo in the seat, so although it's narrow, it's generous enough. And my sil was amazed that it was actually narrower than her uppababy that was a single stroller.
The cons of the duet is that it isn't light (which I never felt when pushing) and has a big footprint when folded. If I was using it in and out a car, I would never recommend as it's really heavy to lift in and out, plus taking up most of the trunk in the car.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:17 pm
I bought the luxury duet as that one has wheels that are not air filled so low maintenance and a fantastic push!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 3:06 am
I brought the valco and rain cover in a local store and I’m looking every where for a video how to put on the valco rain cover for the double. Can anyone help me?

It is a beautiful stroller with a nice push! Thank you all of you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 8:24 am
Hyping up for morning crowd Smile

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 9:49 am
What’s the youngest age for both of these 3 months ?

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 10:58 am
amother Navy wrote:
What’s the youngest age for both of these 3 months ?

Mountain buggy duet seats lie flat, so can be used from newborn. Or you can buy the bassinet or car seat adaptors, if you like. I bought the bassinet, which also turns into a parent facing seat once they outgrow the bassinet, but I wasn't that impressed with the parent seat.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 11:04 am
amother OP wrote:
I brought the valco and rain cover in a local store and I’m looking every where for a video how to put on the valco rain cover for the double. Can anyone help me?

It is a beautiful stroller with a nice push! Thank you all of you.

Wouldn't it just be a case of placing over the top? Sometimes they have a gap for the handlebars. There should be a larger section that would cover the main part of the stroller. Or you could try looking at pictures or youtube for a better idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics