Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby is fussy when out

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:32 am
My 2 month old is pretty chill at home but extremely fussy when out. I have several older children and stuff needs to get done, and baby has to come along. She's so unsettled when we're out though! She barely sleeps, even though she would if we were home. She needs to nurse more often, even if she just ate and should be able to wait a little. These are all necessary outings! I can't just not go. And I can't leave the baby behind either. It's gotten to a point where just the thought of another appointment or school thing is leading me to panic. I need to get her to handle outings better, she's not an only child!

amother
Tulip

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 1:10 pm
Is she in a car seat or a stroller during most of the outings? Maybe she is uncomfortable and you can see if a different model would work better for her?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 1:12 pm
She's in the car seat in the car, but I wear her in a carrier when we're not in the car.

SG18

Post Sat, Jun 10 2023, 7:21 pm
She's so little, it isn't her fault she's the youngest child!
A few things to try-
Schedule appointments right after naptime.
Try putting her in her stroller. Maybe on her belly, if she'd like that better.
Feed her right before you go out.
White noise in the stroller.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:10 pm
None of my kids liked being in a carrier. Or the car seat.

Maybe try being out with a stroller with a bassinet, that way she can stretch out and sleep flat like she does at home. Or at least she won't feel constrained or overheated and will be calmer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:50 am
She doesn't seem to like the stroller either, she doesn't last long in it. Like whatever I do, she is calm for 10 minutes and then crying again. Even if I feed her before going out, she needs to feed again multiple times while out. She's not really on a reliable schedule yet (I'm trying) and I can't always schedule things around her even schedule at all (it's not exactly up to me when a kid has a school performance, for example). I just need her to calm down!

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:13 pm
I can fully sympathize. My two month old is impossible to go out with and I've basically been sitting home. When I do have to go out it's a disaster. Baby cries in the car, in his stroller and hates being worn. I think at this age babies are easily overstimulated when out and about, which is why they want to comfort nurse. Most of my babies were like this and only time helped. I don't have any helpful advice to offer, only my sympathy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics