Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much do you make as a school secretary?
Previous  1  2

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 1:15 pm
Thanks
Do you know what a person starting out or with 1-2 years experience would be offered? or would accept job for lol?
And could you share location

If anyone has constructive ways that could find out this information would be helpful. I find that schools are super secretive about this info.

Thanks

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 1:25 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
Thanks
Do you know what a person starting out or with 1-2 years experience would be offered? or would accept job for lol?
And could you share location

If anyone has constructive ways that could find out this information would be helpful. I find that schools are super secretive about this info.

Thanks

These days I assume with some experience many schools can be pushed for at least 30,000 for the year. My previous job I was making 32,000 for full time but that was a few years ago when they were desperate to hire someone so I was able to push for that.
Then at that place I slowly cut my hours without a pay cut as my raise, and when I transferred to my current job I only wanted to accept the job if they gave me at least 40,000. But they were desperate as well so I wouldn't say this is typical at all.
In general a school job is considered to be a lower paying job than an office for the same hours. But it definitely has many pros that I wouldn't give up!

I'm in Brooklyn.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:18 pm
I didn’t realize this was an old thread until I saw a somewhat abrasive post and looked to see who it was and it was MagentaYenta. Good times.

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 3:30 pm
LOL
Although - just thinking about a more descriptive job description for a school secretary that details what one actually does and I'm laughing at the list of things coming up with and how all over the place they are...our school secretaries DO A LOT Smile

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 4:53 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
I didn’t realize this was an old thread until I saw a somewhat abrasive post and looked to see who it was and it was MagentaYenta. Good times.

I went to read it. Nothing about it was abrasive - she was spot on.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics