Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
S/o short kids

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:47 am
it is mentioned alot on here how nutrition - protein, calcium vit d etc is so important for kids growth.

why isnt a good probiotic just as important as it effects so much?

it effects nutrient absorption and it affects the adrenals which effect the thyroid and so on?

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:49 am
Did someone say it's not? I'm sure there are lots of important things, and there's also lots of ways to get probiotics too. (ie. yogurt)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:53 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Did someone say it's not? I'm sure there are lots of important things, and there's also lots of ways to get probiotics too. (ie. yogurt)

its just never mentioned as part of a kids nutrition regard to height.

if you look at zahlers height increase - vitamins but not probiotic...

calcium and protein and vit d are stressed alot but not probiotics.

does yogurt contain the "real stuff" regarding probiotics?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:54 am
amother OP wrote:
its just never mentioned as part of a kids nutrition regard to height.

if you look at zahlers height increase - vitamins but not probiotic...

calcium and protein and vit d are stressed alot but not probiotics.

does yogurt contain the "real stuff" regarding probiotics?
Gut health is foundational but probiotics are not a quick ticket to gut health. That’s my take.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:55 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Gut health is foundational but probiotics are not a quick ticket to gut health. That’s my take.

can you elaborate?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 12:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
can you elaborate?
It takes a whole lot more than a daily probiotic to actually improve gut health in a way that will have an effect on growth.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 12:43 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
It takes a whole lot more than a daily probiotic to actually improve gut health in a way that will have an effect on growth.

example?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 12:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
example?

DIET is the biggest piece. Getting rid of yeast and parasites. Glycine and collagen to repair leaky junctures. Motility. Repopulating the microbiome can take years of work and it's unclear if strains can even be reestablished. Liver and gallbladder need to function optimally. Sufficient enzymes and bile.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 1:14 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
DIET is the biggest piece. Getting rid of yeast and parasites. Glycine and collagen to repair leaky junctures. Motility. Repopulating the microbiome can take years of work and it's unclear if strains can even be reestablished. Liver and gallbladder need to function optimally. Sufficient enzymes and bile.

you can have a good diet but if the gut isnt ok there will be absorption problems?

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 1:46 pm
The key to healthy gut is lots of fruits and vegetables, no refined sugars and lean(low fat) proteins. And staying hydrated. And some kids are just short...my son eats quite well and is 5th percentile for 3 years now. My father in law is all of 5'3". My mother is 5'2". Genetics plays a role.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 1:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
you can have a good diet but if the gut isnt ok there will be absorption problems?
Absorption problems and also other problems

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:01 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
The key to healthy gut is lots of fruits and vegetables, no refined sugars and lean(low fat) proteins. And staying hydrated. And some kids are just short...my son eats quite well and is 5th percentile for 3 years now. My father in law is all of 5'3". My mother is 5'2". Genetics plays a role.

Definitely not lean proteins for growing children. That’s terrible advice.

amother
Peony

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:08 pm
Please just go to a ped endo and stop overthinking.

Your ds needs to be seen to rule out…anything.

They might say all is fine, might say come back on six months, might say they found a correctable issue and start treatment.

Why is the world would you wait? To what end?

Bhatzlacha.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:11 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Definitely not lean proteins for growing children. That’s terrible advice.

I know too that kids need lots of fats inc saturated fats but doesnt that overtax the liver?

gootlfriends

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:44 pm
Kids do not need lots of fat. And you would be amazed how much fat is in everything. Cheese is high in fat. Chicken has plenty of fat. Fish has good fats. Only 30% of diet needs to be from fat. Look at nutrition labels and see how easy it is to get fat in your diet. Bread has fat in it. Eggs have fat. Good fat but fat. Focusing on fruits and vegetables and lean protein doesn't mean no fat. Sorry but children can even be vegetarian and be quite healthy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics